Company: Stratas Foods
Posted on: November 6, 2019
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the
Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in
North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged
dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in
October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies
(ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX;
Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN;
and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We
are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing
the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to
make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team
capable of meeting our business goals. Job Description
The role of the Quality Auditor position is to help maintain the
quality of packaging materials from receipt of the raw materials
through to the customer to ensure customer satisfaction. This
position will be critical in the support and improvement of our
Quality Systems. This position will be a project leader for
materials issues and will be required to create corrective actions
and bring the various projects to closure.
Quality Auditor Responsibilities:
1. Continually strive to improve the existing Quality Systems.
2. Maintain audit systems (scale verification, hazardous waste
documents, plant sanitation, program, etc.).
3. Lead on all third party audits and verify all documentation.
4. Responsible for updating all BOMs and verify packaging
5. Maintain all BOM documents and packaging books.
6. Maintain the HACCP program.
7. Maintain the Pest Control program.
8. Assist Quality Assurance Manager with various training
9. Problem solve using root cause analysis.
10. Act as the primary fill in for the job of Laboratory
Education: BS or Associate s in a related technical area. Desired
emphasis in Food Science, Biology, or Chemistry.
Related Experience: 3-5 years in packaging quality or
Skills: AS-400, Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: AIB Certification would be
a plus. ISO Auditor certification is preferred.
1. Communication: Strong verbal, non-verbal skills are essential to
2. Teamwork: Ability to work with a variety of individuals to reach
common goals will be critical to success
3. Reasoning Ability: Excellent judgment will serve our customers
4. Strong audit experience
5. Detail oriented: Very good record keeping Additional
Sitting up to 4 hrs. using a computer.
Walking and standing up to 4 hrs. to conduct Plant walk through,
inspections, and audits.
Periodic lifting and climbing. Not over 40 lbs.
Speaking to vendors and at meetings.
Hearing at meetings.
Visual for looking at samples, finished product and defective
Must have the appropriate level of sensory acuity (visual, hearing,
speaking, smell and touch) to be able to identify and react to
normal, abnormal and alarm conditions (chemical, temperature
Reading and writing skills are very important.
Must be able to interact with a variety of people.
Reasoning and good judgment.
Must be able to logically and methodically work through and break
down complex problems and processes to enable effective
communication with all levels of the organization.
Problem analyzing and correct reaction.
Stratas Foods is committed to equal employment opportunity,
affirmative action, and diversity and inclusion in its workplace.
It is our commitment to establish and maintain a talented,
productive, diverse workforce that works together effectively to
accomplish our goals.
Keywords: Stratas Foods, Decatur , Quality Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!