Director - School of Education
Company: Millikin University
Posted on: March 10, 2019
Position Title: Director of the School of Education
Department: School of Education
FLSA Category: ExemptWorking Relationships:Reports to: Dean of the College of Professional Studies (CPS)
Job Summary: The Director of the School of Education (SOE) reports directly to the Dean of the College of Professional Studies (CPS). The SOE Director is administratively responsible for all aspects of the School of Education programs, including program compliance with the teacher education policies and procedures of the Illinois State Board of Education. While the SOE Director holds a 12-month administrative appointment, there is an expectation to teach depending upon the status of current activities and/or initiatives of the SOE program and in consultation with the CPS Dean.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- > Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
- > Civil debate
- > Passion and enthusiasm
- > Dignity and respect for individuals
- > A diverse and inclusive community
- > Integrity and responsibility
- > Advancement of the greater good
- > Administers and oversees all Millikin University School of Education programs.
- > Supervises School of Education activities to ensure compliance with the Illinois State Board of Education policies/procedures and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) accreditation criteria/reporting requirements (as applicable).
- > Oversees SOE staff and faculty and directs the responsibilities of individuals serving in administrative positions of leadership in the SOE.
- > Ensures compliance of the School of Education with Millikin University academic, administrative, and personnel policies.
- > Chairs the Committee on Teacher Education Programs or appoints a qualified faculty member to do so.
- > Serves as programmatic liaison to other departments, committees, and councils within the University.
- > Ensures that faculty, student, and program records are in compliance with University, State, and formal external accreditation/licensure/approval requirements.
- > Manages School of Education activities related to associated professional accreditation of the Academic Unit and/or the University.
- > Guides faculty in assessment of the School of Education curricula and programs in order to facilitate continuous evaluation and improvement activities of the organization.
- > Collaborates with the faculty and staff of the School of Education and the Dean of the CPS in the selection, evaluation, and professional development of faculty for the School of Education.
- > Provides effective formative and summative evaluation of faculty and staff using pertinent data.
- > Facilitates faculty, staff, and program development initiatives.
- > Assists in seeking, promoting, and securing grants and professional development opportunities for SOE faculty, students, and community partners.
- > Demonstrates extraordinary commitment to and leadership of University and School of Education student recruitment and retention strategies.
- > Guides and informs recruitment and progression processes across all School of Education programs.
- > Manages the quality of the student advising system in the School of Education.
- > Oversees School of Education activities with clinical partners and agencies used for student clinical/practice experiences.
- > Collaborates with the Universitys Director of Marketing to plan and implement marketing needs in terms of strategies to enhance public relations for the development and maintenance of the School of Education.
- > Demonstrates stewardship and advocacy in the preparation, administration, and analysis of the annual School of Education budget.
- > Serves as liaison to the state and national professional organizations (e.g. the Illinois State Board of Education, etc.).
- > Participates in professional activities at the local, regional, and national levels that advance the mission of the University, the College of Professional Studies, and the School of Education.
- > Teaches as negotiated with the Dean of the College of Professional Studies.
- > Other duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Professional Studies.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- > Eligibility for tenure-track appointment at the rank of associate or full professor.
- > Earned doctorate in education or related field is required.
- > Masters degree in education.
- > Minimum of three years of experience in the K through 12 practice arena with demonstrated effectiveness.
- > Minimum of three years of teaching, scholarship, and service experience in an accredited baccalaureate or higher degree education program with demonstrated effectiveness.
- > Demonstrated effectiveness in a leadership role in higher education, including knowledge of accreditation processes and administrative responsibilities.
- > Current Professional Educator Licensure in Illinois or eligibility to obtain said licensure in the state.
Work Environment:Manual Dexterity:
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Occasional lifting of 25 lbs. or less
- Intermittently sitting/standing/stooping
- Hearing and visual acuity within normal range
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas
Keywords: Millikin University, Decatur , Director - School of Education, Education / Teaching , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!