Company: MYR Group
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Established in 1891, The L.E. Myers Co., the oldest MYR Group
subsidiary, is recognized as a premier electrical contractor of
large utility construction projects across the nation. Lewis E.
Myers founded the company in Chicago with a vision of connecting
villages and towns to major cities along railroad lines in the
Midwest. L.E. Myers has completed hundreds of transmission and
substation projects throughout the Midwest, East and Southeast
ranging from 34.5kV through 765kV; and has experience installing a
variety of structures ranging from 60' wood poles up to 400' steel
Our Safety Engineers work to ensure all L.E. Myers and MYR
employees uphold the core value of safety by implementing and
maintaining safety programs. A successful Safety Engineer will
develop positive professional relationships while working closely
with field personnel, all levels of management and outside agencies
during all phases of construction. This will be a field position
encompassing work sites throughout the assigned project area.
Safety Engineer Duties:
* Act as a liaison between management, outside local safety
agencies, and insurance carriers.
* Coordinate with district operation personnel to establish safety
* Create a system for communicating safety and health issues to
1).General employee/department safety meetings.
2).Formal safety training for safe work practices.
3).Posting of various safety communications.
4).Development of a safety suggestion system.
* Coordinate, monitor, and provide technical support for district
* Coordinate and conduct periodic job site visits of all crews to
identify unsafe work conditions and practices.
* Document and communicate site visit information.
* Coordinate other supplemental inspections whenever new processes,
equipment, substances, or previously unrecognized hazards are found
to be present.
* Verify that corrective measures are completed, including
recommendations of the safety committee, insurance carrier, and/or
other safety consultant.
* Review and complete corrective actions for all injury and illness
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct
and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical
conduct standards, if applicable
* The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a
Company designated office or field location.
* Must have prior experience working with electrical Transmission
and Distribution line construction projects, preferably within a
* Strong knowledge and understanding of OSHA and other industry
related safety regulations required.
* Associates or Bachelor's degree within Occupational Safety and
* Journeyman Lineman experience working with (overhead)
transmission and distribution line construction highly
* Safety or related technical undergraduate degree preferred (such
* Safety related credentials (i.e. OSHA 501, OTI certifications,
* Weekly pay via direct deposit
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Medical, dental, & vision
* $15 weekly premium for employee only & employee plus family
* Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums
* Flexible spending accounts
* Company-paid short and long-term disability
* Company-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment
* Supplemental life and accidental death & dismemberment
* Critical illness & accident plans
* Identity theft protection
* Group legal
* Auto & homeowners
* Generous 401(k) Plan
* 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting
* Annual profit-sharing potential
* Paid time off
* Tiered increases based on tenure with the company
* Holidays (8 per year)
* Sick time (as applicable)
* Superior educational assistance program
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to
complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity
Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by
To all recruitment agencies, MYR Group and its subsidiary companies
do not accept agency resumes unless they are from an approved
vendor and submitted through our Third-Party Recruiter Portal.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, company employees,
or any other company location. MYR Group nor its subsidiary
companies are responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: MYR Group, Decatur , Safety Engineer, Engineering , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!