Senior Process Engineer
Company: American Dental Association, (inc)
Posted on: April 9, 2021
The basic job function is to coordinate and complete continuous
improvement and project engineer assignments in a FDA/cGMP
manufacturing environment, and to ensure timely, cost-effective and
safe completion of these projects. Safety is critical in ALL
aspects of these projects as Adare's manufacturing environment
makes use of large quantities of solvent. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES The primary duties and responsibilities of this
position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage projects as assigned or requested by various
departments, the engineering manager or self-initiated projects
that will improve the operation, throughput, safety, or compliance
of equipment throughout the plant.
- Manage and ensure compliance with all site Process Safety
Management Systems (PSM) including PHA, PSSR and compliance
- Quantify and present results of proposed and implemented
- Study processes to identify and quantify wasted time,
materials, or energy sources.
- Develop and implement process improvements or capital projects
to eliminate the identified waste.
- Ensure compliance of projects with all relevant EI and FDA/cGMP
regulations, guidelines and policies. This compliance includes, but
is not limited to, creating and providing training for production,
helping validate new equipment, coordinating install work around
- Standardize work spaces, methods, and equipment where
- Ensure compliance of projects with all relevant local (City of
Vandalia), state, and federal safety and environmental regulations,
guidelines and policies.
- Assist, when necessary, in managing maintenance personnel in
accordance with EI philosophies to include performance appraisals,
training and development programs, goals and objects, and budgetary
- Identify resources required for effective and efficient
- Oversee and keep updated the master P&ID drawings to ensure
all drawings are current and follow proper change
- Work with contractors as part of assigned projects to obtain
bids, secure cost effective pricing, as well as proper completion
and compliance to standards for outsourced work. Contractor types
include pipefitters, HVAC, electrical, controls, fire, general
- Actively participate with department managers in the
identification and resolution of problems related to EI
- Communicate and provide leadership to staff to obtain good
attitude, team effort, productivity, loyalty and quality
improvements. Communicate concerns, needs, and recommendations to
- Support and promote safety programs.
- Attends work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Completes assigned tasks in a safe manner and in a constant
state of alertness.
- Upholds Company policies, including the Professional Conduct
Policy and Prohibition Against Harassment Policy, and the Business
Ethics and Conduct Code.
- Works in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors,
coworkers, customers and the public. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
None EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
Chemical Engineering, or Scientific related degree or equivalent
experience is required. Candidate should possess high leadership
skills that are conducive to stimulating a high productivity level
as well as creating a highly effective culture.
- Financial background (MBA) or "Black Belt" a plus.
- 5 or more years experience in manufacturing operations,
preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated experience in reducing waste is preferred.
- High degree of oral and written communication skills.
- Requires knowledge and/or management of all current
manufacturing practices, as well as, experience within operations
such as technical services, laboratories, materials and logistics
- other related operational departments.
- Prefer experience with 5 S, process flowing mapping or LEAN
manufacturing techniques. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills
are required as a high degree of communication is required to
interface with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and legible handwriting.
- Ability to coordinate, contribute to and work within a
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Able to prioritize duties and manage multiple projects from
start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Confidentiality required due to access to blueprints and
written procedures regarding manufacturing of products.
- Must possess the ability to take initiative to complete
assignments and job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational
skills. All employees are required to comply with the
requirements may result in the employee's immediate termination.
Adare Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
M/F/V/D. Adare does not accept or acknowledge 3rd party candidate
submittals or hiring manager solicitations. All staffing inquiries
should be submitted to email@example.com
Keywords: American Dental Association, (inc), Decatur , Senior Process Engineer, Engineering , Vandalia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!