Company: JWP Strategic
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Leads efforts in assuring that our clients internal quality
guidelines are understood while assuring customer satisfaction in
all areas of production and delivery. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop APQP documentation to support the Product Realization
Process in accordance with automotive customer requirements, e.g.
FMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP, etc.
- Interface with OEM's / customer personnel and participate in
the resolution of quality issues and concerns.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of formal
- Drive continuous improvement and best practice sharing of our
quality systems and processes.
- Facilitate problem-solving of complex issues using advanced
- Provide direction and coaching to less senior team
- Interface directly with internal teams regarding ongoing
concerns with production parts.
- Leads group problem solving efforts as necessitated by customer
- Plan, support, and implement total quality management in
support of zero safe launch.
- Ensure that appropriate inspection plans and containment plans
are in place for the process value stream.
- Confirm product quality through confirmation phase exit.
- Initiate control plans and training for inspection and gage
instructions in accordance with customer specific
- Develop and control all APQP documents through PPAP approval
for new program launches.
- Execute PPAP submission and approval as required for customer
initiated product changes.
- Be assertive in interpretation and collecting of customer
- Participate in GD&T development through the DFM
- Responsible for supplier gage design approval.
- Prepares reports to customers detailing problem solving
- Participates in continuous improvement activities such as
Kaizen planning, 6S, and scrap reduction.
- Generates and analyzes statistical data for continuous
improvement for all departments.
- Conducts internal audits on quality system; reports results to
- Tracks and reports key quality trends for the management
- Communicates with customers on a regular basis to resolve
- Interfaces with suppliers regarding ongoing concerns with
supplied components and communicates with suppliers on a regular
basis to resolve quality issues.
- Tracks concerns and resolutions from both customers and
suppliers utilizing quality tools & training to drive internal
efforts towards a successful resolution of customer's quality
issues or concerns.
- Maintains good standing with each customer scorecard and the
company quality certifications and initiatives EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
REQUIREMENTS Minimum of 2 year A.A.S. degree with 5 year QA
experience. Prefer B.S. degree in Engineering or a related field
with equivalent experience. Minimum 5 years Automotive / Quality
experience. Demonstrated problem solving skills. QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiar with gauge design such as but not limited to,
functional gages, LVDT gauges and programming. Plus hard gauges
such as snap gauge, hand gauges, etc.
- Familiar with Fixture design, part fixtures for CMM and various
measurement fixtures for use with drop gages
- AutoCAD and Solid works experience
- Familiar with a machine shop environment.
- Has Foundry / Castings understanding with metrology lab
- Ability to perform CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine)
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
- Has working knowledge of TS-16949 and IATF 16949 standards and
- Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Utilizes Quality Tools and data on his/her reports and/or
presentations assuring that investigative conclusions are driven by
- Understands measurement system analysis and applies advanced
mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic
equations, and permutations.
- Applies mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency
distribution, determination of test reliability and validity,
analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws
- Interprets an extensive variety of technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and
- Solid work history.
- Creates a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and looks for ways to
improve and promote quality.
- Applies feedback to improve performance and monitors own work
to ensure quality.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule with willingness to
- Experience in standard problem solving 8D/A4/PPS, the use of
quality tools (i.e. 5Y's, Pareto/Fishbone diagram, DOE's, Root
Cause Analysis, Document standardization, etc.) and a plus if
Shainin "Red" X.
- Participate in supplier quality and supplier corrective action
- Improve supplier product and process quality
- Determine root cause and corrective actions
- Investigate root cause and corrective actions
- Resolve supplier quality related issues
- Manage corrective action and quality improvement
- Perform root cause analysis of product quality issues
- Determine root cause and corrective action plans
- Implement and verify corrective actions of supplier quality
- Resolving customer quality issues and driving root cause and
corrective action on process and product quality issues
- Obtain corrective actions from suppliers
- Accomplish internal quality system audits
- Identify root cause analysis and establish corrective
- Manage the supplier corrective action report
- Conduct internal quality process and product audits
- Improve product quality and manufacturing processes
- Identify repeat quality issues by supplier and maintain
supplier quality scorecard
- Assist supplier quality manager with supplier improvement
process and/or development activities
- Lead or assist in root cause corrective actions
- Lead quality problem solving process for supplier related
Keywords: JWP Strategic, Decatur , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Mattoon, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!