Company: Blue Signal Search
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Our client is a leader in the networks and connectivity space
with over 15 years of history providing first-rate internet
services. They are hiring a Network Engineer to deploy and maintain
access networks by supporting broadband services, end users, and
The Network Engineer will install, monitor, maintain, and optimize
network devices such as switches and routers. This role will focus
on network engineering planning while assisting with
troubleshooting and issue resolutions. This individual will work
alongside a team of top engineers and PMs to deliver Network
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including
medical/dental, and 401(k) match.
- Multiple advancement paths. Opportunity to develop niche skills
in a role that provides on the job training and skill
- Flexible work hours and strong work/life balance.
- Outstanding company culture with a focus on camaraderie and
- Opportunity to build an advanced skillset in wireless/telecom
network infrastructure building fiber networks across IL.
- Large pool of technical resources and software tools.
- Fast growing company, entering new network markets YoY and
looking to grow customer base from 3K to 50K.
- Opportunity at pivotal point in the industry, updating the
network from 10G to 300G+.
- Deploy LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers,
routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and associated training plans
for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Support new and existing equipment, hardware, and software
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot end user
workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network
performance statistics and reports.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and
- Resolve customer and network issues via troubleshooting and
communicating with internal technicians.
- Previous industry-related experience in telecom network
- Professional certifications (CCNP, CCDP), a plus.
- Network administration and/or architecture background.
- Knowledge of network LAN/WAN.
- Experience with Fiber, Coax, and Ethernet mediums.
- Strong project management ability.
- Familiarity with network operating systems, security, and
access control models.
- Deep familiarity of TCP/IP and other routing protocols.
- Must possess a strong go-getter type of work ethic - with the
ability to work independently, learn quickly, and handle some
ambiguity in regards to tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Keywords: Blue Signal Search, Decatur , Network Engineer, Engineering , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!