Company: Launch Partners LLC
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Launch Partners is an Arvada, Colorado-based company looking to
hire an engineer in the Decatur, IL area. At Launch Partners, we
work with high-growth, high-ambition manufacturing companies who
are shaking up their industry. -Utilizing a broad & experienced
skill set, we are equipped to come alongside these companies
bringing technical expertise, custom machine solutions, novel
process R&D, and the required engineering capacity to achieve
their goals. -As a boutique firm, we see ourselves as true partners
with our clients, earning trust to become their go-to resource for
technical and operational challenges.
Job Summary: -As a project engineer, you will be executing a
diverse set of technical projects. -Each project will draw on
different parts of your broad and growing skillset. -You might be
building out a new plant one day and designing a bespoke machine
the next. -You will be personally executing and delegating aspects
of each initiative as the workload dictates, ensuring projects are
completed efficiently and successfully. This position requires a
high degree of flexibility and a gritty, 'if I don't know I'll
learn', attitude. -We're looking for someone with strong, client
facing, communication skills who is ready for rapid company growth.
- Responsible for the project's entire lifecycle.
- Detailed design of complete manufacturing systems.
- Designs of additional controls on existing & outdated systems.
- Capacity and throughput bottleneck analysis of existing
- Maintenance system development and execution
- Emergency corrective maintenance execution and guidance.
- Full scale plant layout design and interfacing with general
- Manages multiple projects while delivering a high level of
- Delegates work as necessary to junior engineers.
- Works closely with client stakeholders and collaborates with
cross functional teams.
- Leads technical discussions and engineering status reviews with
- Addresses client queries on priority and is able to plan
complete execution according to project schedule.
- Engages with the client to understand further improvement
- Ensures relevant project technical knowledge is transferred to
all internal partners to successfully deliver the overall Project
to the customer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or 10+ years of applicable
- 5+ years' experience in manufacturing or related industry.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Ability to excel in a self-driven environment.
- A history of multi-disciplined improvement projects executed in
a fast paced, high-growth, manufacturing environment.
- An adept, detailed, and patient problem solving mind is
- Ability to maintain a high quality of work and a "can do"
attitude will define the best candidate for this position. -
- A leadership mindset that understands the impact of their
attitude on their environment.
- Exposure to a production environment is a must. -Food
production experience is very valuable.
- Hands-on experience dealing with all aspects of plant equipment
(PLC, HMI, Sensors, Encoders, Servos, VFDs, pneumatic systems,
hydraulic systems, boilers, HVAC, mechanical systems, control
systems, conveyors, water treatment systems , etc.)
- Skilled in Solidworks, MS Suite, MS Project. -Generally IT
- Training (direct or indirect) in the lean production method &
total productive maintenance
- Ability for overnight travel up to 40%.
- Ability to carry 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Must be flexible to work weekends, overtime, and on call.
Compensation commensurate with experience.Benefits: Medical
Insurance, Dental Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, Bonus
StructureFuture relocation to Denver, CO is a possibility.
Keywords: Launch Partners LLC, Decatur , Project Engineer, Engineering , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!