Automotive Technician - Guaranteed OEM Training (Ford-Lincoln)
Company: Ford Veteran Careers
Posted on: June 19, 2022
The Ford-Lincoln Technician Careers Program is designed to promote
the hiring of technicians with 3 or more years of professional
automotive experience. Selection for the program is highly
competitive in keeping with the tradition of professionalism found
in the Ford-Lincoln brand. The primary goal of this initiative is
to recruit and train candidates to become brand-certified
Ford-Lincoln Automotive Service Technicians. Candidates must meet
the requisite qualifications, experience and capability
requirements, and be willing to attend a Four-week long in-resident
instruction and certification course upon hiring.
The Ford-Lincoln Automotive Service Technician core job description
(After formal training & OJT):
* Performing assigned work as outlined on repair orders with
efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory
* Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing repairs, if
authorized by Service Consultants (for customers).
* Coordinating with the Parts Department to ensure availability of
* Saving and tagging parts if under warranty or if requested by
Service Consultants (for customers).
* Examining the vehicle to determine if additional safety or
service work is required.
* Notifying Service Consultants if additional work is needed or if
repairs/work cannot be completed within the time promised.
* Documenting work performed as directed by Service
* Road testing vehicles to ensure quality of repair and ensuring
vehicles remain clean.
* Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and attending
factory-sponsored training classes.
* Keeping the shop area neat and clean and remaining accountable
for all tools used.
* Understanding and complying with federal, state and local
regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal,
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other
policies, procedures and programs as required.
* Wear appropriate PPE, to include safety glasses. Maintaining
safety awareness at all times.
* The Service Technician will be required to work closely with
others or independently, if needed.
* Dealership uniforms are required.
Qualifications, Experience and Capability Requirements:
* Have at least 3 years of experience working as a Technician in an
automotive service department.
* Valid driver's license and a clear driving record
* Ability to pass the following pre-employment screening
requirements (drug screening, Motor Vehicle record report and a
* Be able to provide a minimum of three good work references, with
current contact information.
Must be able to:
* Operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery
* Drive a manual transmission (for road tests).
* Read and comprehend technical instruction.
* Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and operate hoist and test
* Sit, bend, stoop and/or stand for extended periods (up to 8 hours
or more)and kneel, crawl, bend, reach, push, pull and maneuver in a
shop environment safely and as needed.
* While most shops have a controlled climate and are well
ventilated, must be able to work in an environment that may have
exposure to: Petroleum products, dust, hot or cold temperatures,
loud noises, strong odors (exhaust fumes) and assorted other
* Manual dexterity in both hands and the ability to manipulate
* Good communication skills and the ability to work with the
* Must be willing to complete mandated online training, as assigned
during initial interview and screening process.
* Must be willing to accept a minimum 24 month employment
obligation upon hiring.
For additional information Contact:
US Army (RET)
Industry Management Services
Keywords: Ford Veteran Careers, Decatur , Automotive Technician - Guaranteed OEM Training (Ford-Lincoln), Engineering , Effingham, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!