Solutions Engineer - BAAS
Company: Midland States Bank
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Midland States Bank, we believe that when we can bring our
whole selves to work each day, we become happier, more comfortable,
more confident and more excited to do great things for our
customers, each other and our company. We're proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. At Midland, we
recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
veteran status. If you are looking for a place to grow, we
encourage you to apply at Midland States Bank, because you belong
here. Position Summary Reporting to the Senior Product Owner -
Banking as a Service (BaaS), the Solutions Engineer - Banking as a
Service (BaaS) will provide strategic analysis in working alongside
Senior Management to execute on the BaaS vision and product
roadmap. This role will serve as the solution analyst for the BaaS
Operating team and Committee. You'll be charged with working
directly with the Senior Product Owner - BaaS, Chief Digital
Officer(CDO) and BaaS Committee members to foster and monitor the
compliance and success of new and ongoing relationships with
industry leading BaaS aggregators and Fintechs. In this highly
visible role, you will assist in the management of the portfolio of
systems and applications used by our BaaS partners and ensure our
partners and internal teams are using them effectively and in
accordance with contractual agreements and bank control
requirements. The Solutions Analyst will meet these objectives
through planning, research, data analysis, report development,
system parameter reviews, and functional requirements
documentation. Primary Accountabilities
- Provide leadership and promote Midland States Bank Core Vision
- Working alongside the Product Owner - BaaS and Key Risk and
Compliance Partners in attracting and developing and analyzing new
and existing relationships with industry leading fintechs.
- Assisting management with the implementation and maintenance of
the Bank's Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework.
- Manage the ongoing due diligence and vendor or fintech risk
- Create and present performance reports associated with the
ongoing performance of new and existing fintech partners.
- Evaluate fintech engagements with ongoing reviews to identify
and manage fintech risk which may include completion of inherent
and overall risk assessments.
- Provides technical, operational, and risk consulting and
advisory services to Key Business Process Owners, team leaders and
other business stakeholders.
- Responsible for coordinating with the BaaS Operating Committee
and Board the creation and ongoing risk reporting associated with
new and existing fintech adherence to established risk and
- Responsible for day-to-day exception reporting and monitoring
of fintech's usage of platforms to be aligned with bank and
- Perform review procedures to verify fintech compliance with
applicable bank controls and risk mitigation strategies.
- Partnering with the Product Owner - BaaS in ensuring that
products and solutions delivered by fintech meet the needs and
requirements contractually established.
- Be responsible for clearly understanding the BaaS vision and
ensuring operation and risk practices for the bank and fintechs
align with that vision.
- Conduct necessary research to understand fintechs in the
pipeline and assist with diligence as assigned.
- Proactively keep stakeholders, dependencies, and managers
updated on relevant fintech risks and roadblocks.
- Assist with new systems research and evaluations.
- Be able to map bank and fintech business processes.
- Assist with workflow design and process improvement.
- Directly or indirectly lead others.
- Staying abreast of legal, regulatory, market, industry, and
environmental changes impacting Midland States Bank's third-party
- Assisting Risk Management to identify and report residual
- Maintain compliance with all applicable regulations including
but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA). Position
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Marketing, Finance, or
- 5+ years of experience in IT, Risk Management, Digital or
Fintech Solutions Development with a strong technical
- Demonstrated experience in helping translate functional ask to
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of prioritization of
- Requires knowledge of systems that are used in financial
institutions and fintechs.
- Adaptable, juggling multiple and sometimes changing
- Ability to explain different software development lifecycle
strategies and when to use them.
- Ability to think creatively and recognize and encourage
creativity in others.
- Self-motivated with the aptitude to work independently with
- Capable of communicating appropriate level of process and
technical detail across different organizations and
- Able to influence and lead without formal authority.
- Business insight
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives results
- Makes sound decisions
- Being a brand champion
- Communicates effectively
- Customer focus
- Being Authentic
- Emotional Intelligence
- Self development
- Being flexible and adaptable If you require reasonable
accommodation in completing this application, interviewing,
completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating
in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to
Midland States Bank Human Resources at HR@midlandsb.com . THIS JOB
DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Keywords: Midland States Bank, Decatur , Solutions Engineer - BAAS, Engineering , Effingham, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!