Engineer II Reliability
Company: John Crane
Posted on: September 17, 2023
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating
equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services
to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a
variety of products including mechanical seals and systems,
couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital
monitoring technologies.John Crane customer service is accessed
through a global network of more than 200 sales and service
facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was
greater than 1 Billion USD ( -830m).John Crane is part of Smiths
Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced
technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection,
energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews customer applications and makes specific
- Troubleshoots specific customer applications and analyzes,
evaluates, and rectifies seal operation problems and failures.
- Improves MTBR and reduces material costs.
- Reduces inventory by establishing standards for reduction,
minimizing variances found in the physical inventory and optimizing
- Communicates orally and in writing with customers, company
personnel, and vendors providing counseling, recommendations, and
- May include making both technical and commercial presentations
to customers or management.
- Assists and directs development of customer seal
standardization programs. -
- Also, assist developing inventory management programs that are
to be implemented by customers.
- Solves problems on existing installations pro-actively.
Negotiates with customers and sales personnel regarding material
changes or modifications of customer equipment, seal, or auxiliary
- Help customers find and define productivity improvements
obtained through seal upgrades.
- Approves overall seal and component part design and materials,
proposals, layouts, installation, assembly and detail
- Prepares reports and recommendations to management and assist
in development and management of partnership programs.
- Devise and recommend new approaches to problems encountered in
- Recommends new standards and procedures on design and
manufacture of seal components.
- Observes and reports field performance results; collects and
evaluates data customers, while working with local John Crane
office and sales representative.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Requires Bachelor of Science in Engineering, prefer ME. -
- Minimum 2 years' experience with mechanical seals, rotating
equipment and basic engineering principles applied to perform work
assignments in addition to PC and software knowledge. -
- Knowledge of labor reporting, work order variances, QAD,
MFG-PRO, SAP, or equivalent Previous participation in continuous
improvement activities including but not limited to Kaizen, SMED,
and Lean activities or equivalent. -
- Strong knowledge of personal computers, MS Office, and
machining practices. CNC Programming a plus. -
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends as needed to
meet business demands. -
- Moderate level of understanding of the financial aspects of a
manufacturing operation. -
- Capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously in a
high-stress environment. -
- Excellent written and verbal business communication. -
- Excellent training, leadership, facilitation, influencing,
negotiating, and interpersonal skills. -
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
Application Process It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal
employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age,
color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental
disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, laws. Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global
locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.
Keywords: John Crane, Decatur , Engineer II Reliability, Engineering , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!