Gas Metering Engineer
Company: Ameren Services Company
Posted on: January 4, 2019
Ameren Illinois is a regulated electric and gas delivery company based in Collinsville, Illinois. Our service territory spans 43,700 square miles, or about three-quarters of the state. Every day, we deliver electricity to 1.2 million electric and 812,000 natural gas customers in more than 1,200 communities in central and southern Illinois.
About The Position
The Engineer, IL Meter Engineering is responsible for providing technical support and direction to meter shop metering personnel, field technicians, and non-metering department organizations; evaluating metering procedures, standards, and equipment for use on the Ameren system; and managing testing programs. Considering candidates in Decatur and Collisville.
Key responsibilities include:
* Continuously monitor Ameren current and developing technologies to ensure that metering equipment used by Ameren metering is technologically current, cost efficient, and safe.
* Provide technical support and training to meter shop personnel and Gas Tech. Services field personnel on metering equipment, standards and procedures.
* Provide technical support and training on metering related topics to non-metering department organizations involved in the process of producing a timely and accurate bill.
* Support gas metering activities associated with gas AMR/AMI. This will include responsibilities associated with module software, hardware testing, troubleshooting and interfacing with vendors.
* Identify, track, and resolve field metering issues. Support data analytics associated with AMR/AMI.
* Support others in efforts to maintain adequate inventories of various metering equipment. Provide technical direction for metering equipment, standards, and procedures used by Ameren metering.
* Respond to field and meter shop personnel inquiries and concerns regarding metering equipment, standards, and procedures.
* Assist with gas metering related regulatory compliance matters and responses to ICC data requests.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or General Engineering (other engineering disciplines acceptable depending upon qualifications) from an accredited college or university required. E.I.T. (Engineer-in-Training) certification or P.E. (Professional Engineer) registration preferred. Experience with gas metering design, operation, or maintenance a plus. Experience with cellular or radio communications a plus. Experience with electronic instrumentation a plus.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate: Mechanical aptitude required. Good problem-solving, decision-making, communication, and human relations skills required. Proficiency with OFFICE software required. Knowledge of energy measurement required. Must be adaptable and flexible. Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently required. Travel within the Ameren Illinois Company service territory is expected. This position may assist with major gas system outages.
*Technical career path level depends upon applicant's credentials. Additional Information Ameren's selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skillbased assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Ameren Services Company, Decatur , Gas Metering Engineer, Engineering , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!