Company: First Transit
Posted on: August 29, 2020
General Manager NOTE: The following position is for proposed new
business within First Transit. Only candidates meeting the work
experience requirements will be considered. First Transit team is
seeking a General Manager who is a expert in fixed route and
paratransit operations. As a General Manager and initiate, develop,
and maintain a successful contract relationship. First Transit
General Managers are committed to safety, customer service and have
hands experience in all areas of the transportation business. First
Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong
presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefit package, paid holidays & vacation,
medical & dental, 401 (k) savings plan
- A great work environment General Manager major
- Handling all contractual services to include administrative
functions, operations, information systems, parts purchasing, and
- Ensuring compliance of all company procedures and policies
- Ensuring services are provided within budget and action plans
developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Maintaining company and contractual assets (vehicles,
facilities, inventories, tools, and equipment).
- Ensuring compliance of local, state, and federal laws and
regulation (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Analyzing, preparing, and developing budgets and
- Assessing resource needs, problems, trends and plans
- Developing action plans to ensure customer retention.
- Assuring a safe working environment.
- Providing and promotes effective communications with
- Providing leadership and guidance to develop location and
company bench strength.
- Establishing training goals and requirements for all
- Satisfying client, corporate, and contractual reporting
requirements and needs.
- Assisting in technical sales support and develops sales leads
General Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree
- Valid driver's license
- 3 - 5 years of public transportation management
- Must have experience in fixed and paratransit services
- Proven record of handling multiple responsibilities
- Proven record of increasing On-time Performance First Transit
is a leading provider of transportation contract and management
services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First
Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals
through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services
and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada
and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding
customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other
providers in the industry. Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer FirstGroup is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. DNP
Keywords: First Transit, Decatur , General Manager, Executive , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!