Case Manager - Residential
Company: Hoyleton Youth and Family Services
Posted on: January 13, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYThe Case Manager at Schippel House in Salem, IL
will provide social work assistance to our emotionally and
behaviorally disturbed children, and when applicable to their
families, collaborate with the referring agency to determine and
implement a treatment plan.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND
- Participate in the intake process by making sure all required
intake forms and releases are completed and signed by the admission
day. Ensure all documents are placed in the client's permanent
- Participate in the PPI (pre-placement interviews) with clients
referred to the agency for possible placement and provide
information to the treatment team.
- Consistently completes all required documentation (case notes)
in accordance with established agency and Medicaid timelines and
- Evaluates client while in placement including observing,
assessing, and recording client's behavior to determine progress.
Communicate with Youth Care Workers about concerns and
recommendations of the child's behavior.
- Assist in the development and modification of individual
treatment plans during quarterly clinical staffings.
- Responsible for setting up and planning all client visits with
family or other approved resources. Provides appropriate documents
(DCFS visitation form, directions, contact numbers, money request,
gas card, complete visit record, notify agency nurse, etc.) and/or
other items needed for visits to occur and pass them onto program
managers to ensure all are informed of the visitation
- Responsible for the transition/discharge planning of clients
and completes the comprehensive transition plan, revising it at
least quarterly if not more often based on discharge plans.
- Provides transportation for clients to Pre-placement interviews
during their transition from HYFS, sets up visits to
potential/identified placements, and transition staffings with the
- Responsible for providing aftercare services to those youth
discharged from our program for up to 120 days. (phone calls,
in-person visits, filling out aftercare notes, etc.)
- Records, assesses and communications pertinent client
information to cottage staff members, parents/guardians, court
officials, school personnel, referring worker, and/or others
concerned with disposition and/or treatment of child, including
medical and behavioral problems, as needed.
- Maintains, organizes, and updates client files including
behavioral reports (ACR's, six-month reports, ITP, BIP, MHA,
transition plans, etc) and reviews and obtains client signature on
consents for updates.
- Assist in crisis intervention and behavioral management for
clients as needed.
- Assist with implementation of cottage rules and
- Responsible for attending and transporting clients to and from
required appointments such as court hearings, ACR, probation, and
school staffing. Other transportation such as off-campus or
community-based treatment (psychological evaluations),
sibling/family visitations, etc. will be provided as needed.
- Adhere to agency personnel policies
- Attend Clinical Team Meetings, cottage staff meetings, Rounds,
Quarterly Clinical staffing, and transition staffings as
- Participate in the ongoing development and related activities
of a comprehensive quality improvement process.
- Attend the required amount of training modules as defined by
- On a rotating basis, take the on-call responsibility.
- Cooperate and assist referring agencies to aid in future
placement of clients.
- Receive one hour of clinical supervision per month
- Responsible for risk management efforts that reduce risk and
liabilities to the organization, assure compliance with relevant
legal and licensure requirements, and improve services to client
- This Position requires on-call status whenever applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- The ability to provide services in a manner that reflects an
appreciation for the cultural background, heritage, and identity of
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Possess and maintain automobile insurance.
- DCFS/CANTS clearance.
- Knowledgeable about the special service needs of clients.
- Sensitive to the needs of individuals and families in
crisis.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited program
in social work education, or in another related human services
- Possess skills in social work methodology, including individual
counseling, group work, and case coordination.
- One year of experience in the provision of direct services or
case management services to youth and/or multi-problem families. A
practicum and volunteer work may apply.CARE & TCIOne of the
essential job functions of any position within the agency is to
align your performance with our overarching philosophy of CARE. All
decisions, actions, communication, and performance should align
with the six CARE principles (Developmentally Focused, Family
Involved, Relationship-Based, Ecologically Oriented, Competence
Centered, and Trauma-Informed). Not only must you complete the CARE
training with satisfactory participation, but you must then put
that training into practice in your everyday work.Every employee
must also pass TCI training with a satisfactory grade in written
and/or physical testing. All employees must remain current on
refresher training that is provided monthly at all locations. You
will be tested every 6 months on the physical portion, if
applicable to your position. You will be tested annually on the
written portion regardless of your position. If you are not current
on your TCI refresher training every six months, you will be
required to retake the full course. If you do not pass either test,
you may be required to retake the full course. Not only must you
complete the TCI training with satisfactory participation, but you
must then put that training into practice in your everyday
Keywords: Hoyleton Youth and Family Services, Decatur , Case Manager - Residential, Executive , Centralia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!