Manager, Clinical Services
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Plans and coordinates program development under the direction of
the Director. Develops, plans and analyzes current nursing and
rehab processes using evidence based criteria to improve patient
care and quality outcomes. Responsible for day to day operations of
the clinical team and provides clinical leadership for staff.
Maintains 24 hr accountability and responsibility for patient care
provided by the team. Promotes staff development and education.
- BSN required. MSN preferred
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state
- Certification in a home health related field preferred.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must possess a valid IL driver's license and must be deemed as
an acceptable driver in accordance with the MH fleet safety
- Minimum of 3-5 years of home health supervisory experienced
required. 3-5 years supervisory experience in a related healthcare
environment coupled with two years home health RN experience would
also be considered
- Understands federal and state regulations pertaining to Home
Health, Medicare certification, Joint Commission standards and
Improvement standards for patient care services.
- Administrative pager as assigned. Responsibilities
- Personal and Professional Growth:
- Demonstrates responsibility for own personal and professional
growth as reflected in ongoing education and projects and annual
professional development plan.
- Empowers self and staff to enhance patient-focused nursing care
and quality patient outcomes as reflected in patient satisfaction
and quality improvement efforts.
- Fosters an environment which focuses on values, professionalism
and accountability, where staff and management see each other as
partners in the decision making process.
- Acts as a role model and works to encourage and develop future
- Member of Professional Advisory Committee.
- Clinical Knowledge:
- Maintains an understanding of the Home Care primary patient
populations and their care needs/requirements.
- Maintains a sound knowledge base of current trends and
developments in nursing practice in order to lead changes to
improve patient care delivery.
- Collaborative Practice:
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to collaborate with peers
- Shows commitment to the development of intra-departmental and
inter-departmental collaboration for improvement of patient care,
efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops working relationships with the Health System
management team and other departments such as Organization
Development that encourage problem solving on all levels.
- Community Involvement:
- Involves self with professional organizations and community
health-related services and agencies.
- Ongoing participation in Memorial Health System's Leadership
- Accrediting, licensure, and governance.
- Conducts readiness activities, for licensure and accreditation
- Ensures compliance with regulations and standards.
- Oversee the development and completion of survey action plans
for MHSvc NFP.
- Prepares reports for management meetings, Advisory Board, and
other entities as requested.
- Facilitates a work climate conducive to open, honest
communication and incorporates an effective communication process
to ensure staff are kept up to date on key changes/issues affecting
their work processes.
- Demonstrates a communication style which is supportive and
non-threatening, thus providing an environment that allows for open
expression of ideas and problem solving.
- Attends Department Managers' meetings and relays pertinent
information to staff.
- Is accountable for recruitment, interviewing, selection and
retention of staff.
- Is accountable for staff performance
monitoring/feedback/appraisal, including field supervisory visits,
and initiating corrective/disciplinary action as necessary, in
accordance with Memorial Home Service's policies.
- Holds regular staff meetings in order to facilitate
communication of organizational imperatives/changes as well as
- Encourages staff to identify personal and professional growth
needs and facilitates appropriate opportunities for that
- Maintains a climate which provides ongoing appreciation and
recognition of achievements.
- Assists in the development of and supports programs/initiatives
that promote recruitment/retention and satisfaction of staff
- Budget Preparation:
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budget for areas
- Identifies capital equipment items needed.
- Identifies and evaluates present and future staffing needs.
- Budget Monitoring:
- Review and analyzes productivity and staffing requirements.
- Research and analyze best practices to determine improvements
and efficiency for patient care delivery.
- Educates staff regarding operation of the unit and fiscal
responsibilities as it relates to LUPAs, productivity, case mix
weight, HHRG scores, documenting medical necessity, and supplies.
- Maintains sound knowledge base of current trends and
developments in health care related to reimbursement issues.
- Engages staff in developing annual goals consistent with MHSvcs
- Develops mechanisms with staff to fulfill goals and
- Reviews goals and plans of action with staff on a regular
Performs other related work as required or requested
Associated topics: biopharmaceutical, dietician, drug development,
histotechnologist, kinesiology, metabolism, nutrition,
pharmacometrics, therapeutic, toxicologist
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Manager, Clinical Services, Executive , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!