Manager - Quality Assurance - Hiring Now
Company: Stratas Foods
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the
Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in
North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged
dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in
October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies
(ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX;
Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN;
and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We
are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing
the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to
make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team
capable of meeting our business goals.
Th Quality Assurance Manager oversees plant Quality Assurance and
lab operations as well as assisting the production facility in
ensuring programs and procedures are in place and properly followed
to maintain the highest level of quality products and services to
Stratas Foods customers.
1. Reports directly to the Sr. Quality Assurance Manager.
2. Has responsibility over the lab operations as well as plant
quality assurance personnel.
3. Help determine deficiencies and solutions in and outside the
plant that are affecting the quality of products and services to
4. Oversee customer audits and the implementation of the British
Retail Consortium (BRC) criteria.
5. Responsible for GMP training and lab safety.
6. Ensure new products/customer requirements are properly set up
and communicated in the plant.
7. Involved with new plant processes/start-ups to ensure they meet
8. Assist in training new plant management with regards to quality
9. Assist in analyzing lab needs from training, staffing, and
10. Writes acquisition for expenditures (AFE) as required for lab
11. Follow all safety, environmental rules and regulations
applicable to the position.
12. Adhere to and enforce compliance with all safety, food safety,
environmental, GMP rules, regulations, and policies.
13. Coordinates on-site maintenance of the quality system.
14. Manages local quality system documentation ad records.
15. Disposition of non-conforming product in conjunction with the
16. Communicates finished product data to the Superintendent and
17. Attend all daily production/quality meetings.
18. Approves Facility Manual.
19. Audits HACCP paperwork monthly.
20. Assumes Lab Supervisor responsibilities in his/her absence.
21. Approves local section of the Standard Operating Procedure
22. Lab Supervisor assumes responsibilities in his/her absence.
23. Work in conjunction with Lab Supervisor to compile monthly
training for GMP meetings.
24. Complete all associated paperwork/reports correctly to perform
25. Other duties as assigned by plant management.
Education: Prefer Bachelor's Degree Food Science, Biology,
Operations, Business, Chemistry or Engineering
Related Experience: Experience with lab and/or quality assurance in
food packaging is preferred. Three to five years of
supervisory/leadership experience is required.
Equipment/Software Skills: Must be PC literate with working
knowledge of MS Office, and Outlook
Important Quality Assurance Manager Competencies:
1. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops
2. Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive
or negative situations; responds well to questions; demonstrates
group presentation skills.
3. Analytical Skills - Collect and research data; use intuition and
experience to complement data, work flows and procedures.
4. Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively;
presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret
5. Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision making,
facilitating and process improvement; make self available to staff;
provides regular performance feedback.
6. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
demonstrates appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports
potentially unsafe conditions
7. Initiative - Volunteers readily; seeks increased
responsibilities; looks for opportunities
Physical: Must be able to climb stairs, sit and stand for long
periods; type for long periods of time.
Sensory: Good Listening Skills; Public speaking abilities to
communicate with both hourly and salaried personnel.
Mental/Reasoning: Must be able to perform root cause analysis and
corrective action. Must be able to continuously learn and adapt to
changes in the overall business relative to oils and oil
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner
prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of
race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national
origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family
status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status,
and any other legally protected status. Associated topics: chief
program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product
manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Keywords: Stratas Foods, Decatur , Manager - Quality Assurance - Hiring Now, Executive , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!