Assistant Community Manager
Company: Related Management Company
Posted on: June 8, 2019
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we
continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and
preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our
50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part
of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20%
of these homes provide workforce housing.In the area of
acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of
the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based
contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation;
Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions;
Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or
other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or
state-financed public housing.Many of the buildings we encounter
are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to
continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our
42 years of experience in debt and equity financing ? as well as
our extensive management of government-assisted properties ? we are
well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources
and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the
affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive
development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly
rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of
these projects for years to come.ResponsibilitiesTo be responsible,
under the direction of the Community Manager and/or Regional
Manager for the administration of the site to keep the regional
office fully informed of the site's status. The Assistant Community
Manager shall work closely with and be responsive to the Community
Manager, Maintenance staff, site staff, as well as other central
office managers and staff. Additionally, it is the responsibility
of the Assistant Community Manager to perform all duties in full
compliance with Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
- Assist the Community Manager in the operation of the
development; ability to provide strong leadership when Community
Manager is unavailable.
- Maintain courteous communication with the residents,
applicants, co-workers and customers.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and handle accordingly
- It is the responsibility of the Assistant Property Manager to
assist in ensuring that the vacant apartments are in perfect,
move-in condition. Physically inspect property when on grounds,
pick up litter and report any service needs to maintenance
- Work with attorney and Community Manager regarding legal
- Welcome and show property to prospective new residents. Handle
incoming phone calls from prospective new residents. Warmly greet
prospective residents, qualify, determine needs and preferences,
professionally present community while providing features and
- Thoroughly review all lease applications, assist with
application verification and notify prospective resident of
results. Complete all lease paperwork, including related
- Maintain and supervise a lease renewal program following
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends.
Contribute ideas to Community Manager for marketing the property
and improving resident satisfaction.
- Conduct market surveys. Shop competition; have constant
awareness of neighborhood market conditions.
- Establish, Implement and evaluate an outreach marketing plan on
an on-going basis.
- Be aware of Related Managements goals relative to resident
satisfaction and resident retention.
- Additional tasks of similar nature may also be required.
- Maintain accurate resident records. Update on a daily basis all
rents, deposits and application fees received by residents. Issue
appropriate notices when necessary (i.e. late payment, eviction
notices, returned checks, memos).
- Collection of rents and preparation of receipts.
- Accept service requests from residents and route to maintenance
for prompt processing. Conduct service follow-up with resident when
job is complete.
- Receive, log and properly code all invoices and review with
property manager for approval.
- Update weekly reports concerning notices to vacate, vacancy
reports, activity reports, etc. and provide information to
Community Manager. Organize and file all applicable reports, leases
and paperwork.Benefits and Features:
- VisionQualificationsBackground profile:
- Affordable Housing ?and LIHTC?experience strongly
- Experience in property management
- Strong leadership skills are a must
- Strong accounting skills are a must
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational
skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including
excellent telephone skills)
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and
further develop skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and
within a team
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program)
or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts
Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of
credits / debits / re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to
perform day-to-day activities#CB#CB2Related is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Related Management Company, Decatur , Assistant Community Manager, Executive , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!