Company: Memorial Health System
Posted on: September 2, 2020
Performs nursing care for students and staff through the process
of assessment, clinical judgment, care planning, implementation,
and evaluation. Maintains, coordinates and reports health services
as required by school district policies, procedures, and protocols;
and as required by protocols by local, state, and national
- Daily Care of Students and Staff
- Nursing assessment and intervention for illnesses and
- First aid for injuries.
- Medication administration as prescribed by a physician.
- Referrals to community and health services.
- State Mandated Screenings and Reporting
- Facilitation and documentation of hearing screenings.
- Facilitation and documentation of vision screenings.
- Facilitation and documentation of dental exam services.
- Responsible for filing of year end screenings and exams to
Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH).
- Maintain knowledge of state mandates.
- Communicable Disease Control
- Monitor infectious diseases and immunization records.
- Report diseases and immunization non-compliance to local health
department, as necessary.
- Monitor updates regarding infectious diseases found locally,
nationally and globally; and work with the District to ensure
proper processes for detection and prevention are in place.
- Maintenance of Health Record
- Maintenance of individual health records on each student that
includes medical history, immunizations, physical exams, screening
results, and care plans (as needed).
- Initiate, review, and update care plans for students with
chronic health conditions
- Stay current on health topics.
- Provide routine education and counseling, within their scope of
practice, to students, faculty, and parent/guardians.
- Attends meetings, in-services, and continuing education
classes; suggests topics and/or conducts nursing in-services.
- Auditing of records to ensure compliant immunization status of
- Reporting of required physical and immunization survey form to
- Facilitate immunization clinics to be offered to faculty
members, if requested by the District
- Work in collaboration with the District faculty, staff, and
- Work in collaboration with the Illinois Department of Public
Health, Macon County Health Department, and Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention.
- Act as a liaison promoting communication between school, home,
- Assumes personal responsibility for quality patient care,
environment of care, and professional development.
- Assists in coordinating and implementing policies in compliance
with all regulatory standards.
- Reports ideas and concerns to supervisor concerning improved
care, customer service, and efficient clinical operations.
- Maintains clean, well-equipped exam room and assists in
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervision of Licensed Practical Nurse(s) on site, per
Keywords: Memorial Health System, Decatur , School Nurse, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!