Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Applies ionizing radiation to the adult or geriatric patient in
accordance with established standards.
Education and/or Other Requirements
Must be a registered Radiation Therapist, licensed in the State of
Illinois. Must be a graduate from an approved Radiation Therapy
School. Must be CPR certified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and
strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security
operations for the protection of people, data, property, and
- Ability to monitor normal equipment functionality, machine
safety interlocks or other indicators ensuring the machine is
working as designed.
- Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others.
This position is performed within an environment of exposure to
uncomfortable temperature levels, above-average noise levels,
and/or potentially injurious elements or conditions are
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is required
to stand, bend and reach.
- The employee will regularly be required to lift, push and pull
weight of 5 to 40 pounds.
- Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information
with patients and co-workers.
- Ability to see details at close range.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to receive and comprehend written and oral
communications. Mental Demands
- Plan sequence of operations or actions.
- Ability to work under stress and adapt to changing
- A high degree of agility, sharply focusing on the current task
while also mentally preparing for their next action.
- Comprehend written basic instructions, safety rules, office
memoranda at a high school graduate level.
- Ability to comprehend verbal sentences and instructions at a
high school graduate level.
- Ability to converse in Standard English at a high school
graduate level. Note
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise
qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to
meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other
duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize current and future technologies
when simulating and delivering therapeutic treatment.
- Checks prescription, diagnosis, chart and patient
- Positions patient according to prescription regarding
immobilization devices, field size, treatment distance, multi-leaf
collimator settings, etc.
- Checks daily treatment time and delivers prescribed dose;
maintains visual and verbal communication with patient during
treatment; observes all safety measures.
- Utilizes and analyzes digital imaging (KV/MV images and CBCT)
for correct patient positioning.
- Observes patient for unusual reactions and events; reports to
- Transfers patient safely.
- Checks and records beam direction devices, protective devices,
heavy and dangerous equipment and other equipment; assists in care
of radioisotopes if necessary.
- Reports inconsistent operations of equipment to Radiation
Physicist and Administrative Director.
- Completes patient documentation (charges, daily dose, missed
treatments, port films, chemotherapy treatments, and weekly SSD's,
- Participates in clinical instruction and evaluation of student
- Schedules patients and adheres to schedule.
- Remains current in developing trends in the field of radiation
- Maintains IDNS and ARRT registrations and CPR
- Participates in inservices and other educational opportunities.
- Maintains clear, neat, and orderly work area; maintains
appropriate supply levels.
- Maintains quality relationships with patients and
- Explains procedures to patients; reinforces Radiation
Oncologist's advice regarding reactions to treatment; maintains
patient privacy; addresses patients appropriately.
- Takes weekend and/or holiday calls as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: aseptic, dietetic, dietician, drug, immunoassay,
pharmaceutical, physiologist, physiology, protein,
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Radiation Therapist, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!