Registered Cardiac Sonographer
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Works closely with the cardiologist to perform cardiac ultrasound
procedures at the technical level, contributing to the efficient
operation of the department and promoting the philosophy, to ensure
the quality and continuity of patient care. Maintains the standard
of care delivered to infants, toddlers, preschool and school age
children, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
Education, Experience, and/or Other Requirements
Must be ARDMS or RCS registered or be actively pursuing
registration. One year of clinical experience in a progressive
Ultrasound Department or Ultrasound Training Program that meets
with the ARDMS requirements for registry eligibility is required.
Prefer previous experience as a Registered ARRT Technologist. Must
have a valid driver's license in order to drive to outreach sites
and screening events. Must be CPR certified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Ability to effectively operate sonographic equipment.
- Ability to integrate sonograms, laboratory results, patient
history and medical records, and adapt sonographic examination as
- Ability to use independent judgment.
- Ability to evaluate, synthesize, and communicate diagnostic
information to the attending physician.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the patient and the
health care team, recognizing the special nature of sonographic
examinations and patient's needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with the public and the health care team.
- Ability to follow established departmental procedures.
- Ability to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations.
This position is performed within an environment of daily exposure
to hazardous or potentially injurious elements or conditions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- Good eye/hand coordination, good vision and hearing.
- Ability to reach different table levels for scanning
- Ability to assist average sized person (150 pounds) to and from
x-ray table, etc., in normal course of work. Upon occasion must be
able to support average person for approximately two minutes.
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is
regularly required to stand for 30-minute intervals for 70% of the
- The employee will frequently be required to lift, push and pull
at least 5 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to attend to visual details.
- Ability to make precise arm/hand positions movements where
strength and speed are minimized.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to receive and comprehend written and oral
communications. Mental Demands
- Analyze information or data.
- Plan sequence of operations or actions.
- Independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative to produce
accurate diagnostic images.
- Ability to adjust to performing routine and repetitive tasks
without specific supervision. Ability to concentrate on fine detail
with constant interruptions and attend to tasks for 45-60 minutes
at a time.
- Ability to understand and relate to the concepts behind
specific ideas and remember multiple tasks given to self and others
over long periods of time.
- Ability to communicate verbally, using advanced level of
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise
qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to
meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other
duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- Performs cardiac ultrasound procedures in accordance with
department standards and procedures.
- Plans daily schedules for inpatients and outpatients.
- Performs examinations on ER patients as requested.
- Selects and operates appropriate equipment for each exam.
- Prepares patients for examinations; explains procedures.
- Records clinical history, BP's, and technologist impressions on
- Works with Cardiologists and ordering physicians to provide
appropriate patient care.
- Maintains daily logbook.
- Follows appropriate protocols.
- Adheres to all safety precautions including patient safety,
infectious control, universal precautions, and ergonomics.
- Maintains or is actively pursuing ARDMS or RCS registration;
remains current regarding developing trends in field of cardiac
- Maintains clean, neat and orderly work area; maintains
appropriate supply levels.
- Assists with maintenance on equipment.
- Reports problems.
- Demonstrates cross-sectional anatomy and pathology on routine
- Performs other duties as assigned. Is authorized to access
contrast media if registered.
Associated topics: cardiology, ccc, echocardiology, ihr, imaging,
sono, sonographer, sound, ultra, ultrasound
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Registered Cardiac Sonographer, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!