RN, DMH Millenium Pain Center
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Manages, coordinates and performs nursing care with compassion and
care for an assigned group of patients.
NURSING GOAL: A goal of nursing is to educate and restore a patient
to an optimal level of wellness as defines by the patient and their
families and incorporate preventative measures.
Education and/or Other Requirements
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Current
registration or eligibility for licensure with the State of
Illinois for practice as a professional nurse. Six months
experience as a Registered Nurse.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Hepatitis b vaccination
- Will complete additional training or demonstrate competency in
skills identified in the unit-specific competency plan and skills
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and
strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security
operations for the protection of people, data, property, and
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas
presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce
answers that make sense.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking
time to understand the points being made, asking questions as
appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to see details at close range.
- Actively looks for ways to help people.
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related
- Awareness of other's reactions and understanding why they react
as they do.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
problems. Environmental Factors
This position is performed within an environment of frequent
exposure to blood and body fluids.
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is
regularly required walk, stand, stoop to floor level, kneel and
assist in lifting patient; to assist patients and/or adjust
equipment at floor level; to reach, change and read IV's 5 feet
from the floor unaided; to support weight of persons 200 pounds or
more in emergency situations.
- Ability to attend to visual details.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to receive and comprehend written and oral
- Ability to read 5 feet from the floor unaided.
- Ability to utilize fine motor control in hands, the ability to
hear, and the ability to meet visual demands.
- The employee will frequently be required to lift, push and pull
weight of at least 5 to 50 pounds. Mental Demands
- Ability to work under stress and adapt to changing
- Analyze information or data.
- Plan sequence of operations or actions.
- Make decisions of moderate to substantial effects, with a
variety of alternatives and moderate to substantial
- Use logic to define problems, collect information, establish
facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information, deal with
- Comprehend written basic instructions, safety rules, office
memoranda at a high school graduate level.
- Ability to compose written communication using standard
business English at a high school graduate level.
- Ability to comprehend verbal sentences and instructions at a
high school graduate level.
- Ability to converse in Standard English at a high school
graduate level. Note
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise
qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to
meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other
duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- CLINICAL JUDGEMENT - Clinical reasoning, which includes
decision-making, critical thinking, and a global grasp of the
situation, coupled with nursing skills acquired through a process
of integrating formal and informal experiential knowledge and
- Assists physician by preparing patient for exams and
specialized procedures; and for setting up and using/manipulating
- Appropriately monitors patients post procedures and post
monitored anesthesia care.
- CARING PRACTICES: Nursing activity that create a compassionate,
supportive, and therapeutic environment for patients/families and
staff. Working on another's behalf and representing the concerns of
the patient/family and nursing staff; serving as a moral agent in
identifying and helping to resolve ethical and clinical concerns
within and outside the clinical setting.
- COLLABORATION/SYSTEMS THINKING - Working with others (e.g.,
patients, families, healthcare providers) in a way that
promotes/encourages each person's contribution toward achieving
optimal/realistic patient/family goals. Involves intra-and inter-
disciplinary work with colleagues and community. Body of knowledge
and tools that allow the nurse to manage whatever Environmental and
system resources exist for the patient/family and staff, within or
across healthcare and non-healthcare systems.
- RESPONSE TO DIVERSITY - The sensitivity to recognize,
appreciate and incorporate differences into the provision of care.
Differences may include, but are not limited to, cultural
differences, personalities, spiritual beliefs, gender, race,
ethnicity, lifestyle, socioeconomic status, age, and values.
- FACILITATION OF LEARNING - The ability to facilitate learning
for patients/families, nursing staff, other members of the
healthcare team, and community. Include both formal and informal
facilitation of learning.
- CLINICAL INQUIRY (INNOVATOR/EVALUATOR) - The ongoing process of
questioning and evaluating practice and providing informed
practice. Creating practice changes through research utilization
and experimental learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, care, coronary, maternal, nurse
rn, staff nurse, surgery, transitional, unit
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , RN, DMH Millenium Pain Center, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!