Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant-Certified, DMH Exp
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Performs nursing procedures under supervision of doctor or nurse.
Performs other duties as assigned by Coordinator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Must possess good nursing assessment and judgment skills. Must
have good communication and documentation skills. Must have the
ability and desire to function well with faculty, resident
physicians, nursing staff, other staff and outside health care
agencies and providers. Must readily understand verbal and written
instructions; must be able to explain them clearly to patients.
General Skill Requirements
In addition to the Essential Functions and Qualifications listed
above, to perform the job successfully an individual must also
possess the following General Skill Requirements.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Accepts criticism and feedback; Changes
approach or method to best fit the situation; ability to work with
frustrating situations; work under pressure and on an irregular
schedule such as unscheduled overtime, unanticipated changes in
work pace; Works with numerous distractions.
- Attendance and Punctuality - Schedules time off in advance;
Begins working on time; Keeps absences within guidelines; Ensures
work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings
and appointments on time.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally;
Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; Exhibits good
listening and comprehension; Keeps others adequately informed;
Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations;
Exhibits tact and consideration; Displays positive outlook and
pleasant manner; Offers assistance and support to co-workers; Works
cooperatively in group situations; Works actively to resolve
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge;
Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; Keeps abreast of
current developments; Requires minimal supervision; Displays
understanding of how job relates to others; Uses resources
- Judgment - displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions; ability to work with and maintain
- Problem solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner;
Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative
solutions; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group
problem solving situations.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Displays
commitment to excellence; Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work
to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly;
Achieves established goals.
- Concentration - Maintains attention to detail over extended
period of time; continually aware of variations in changing
- Supervision - ability to perform work independently or with
minimal supervision; ability to assign and/or review work; train
and/or evaluate other employees. Education and/or Other
Medical assistant certification required. Previous experience in an
ambulatory care setting is preferred.
Job duties involve the potential for exposure to blood and body
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- Little or no physical effort or strenuous activity other than
incidental walking, standing, bending and reaching, and carrying of
light loads (1 to 5 pounds).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
able to work under stress and adapt to changing conditions.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise
qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to
meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other
duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
Essential Functions and Job Duties
- Collects and documents patient data (weight, vital signs,
allergies, meds, chief complaint, pain) within the clinical
- Identifies signs or symptoms, which indicate a significant
- Reports variances to Manager/Coordinator and or Physician.
- Establishes priorities in clinic setting.
- Offers input into the plan of care; educates patient in plan of
- Screens telephone calls from patients and evaluates for
- Arranges outside laboratory tests.
- Manages time wisely.
- Performs as a team nurse. Works with physicians and nurses as
clinic schedule dictates.
- Reports ideas, concerns, and problems to
- Works with patient call backs, refills, results, referring
doctor letters, pulling charts and filing charts, etc.
- Under the supervision of a Physician, provides and documents
care according to established standards and follows Physician
- Prepares equipment for diagnosis and treatment; prepares
- Performs tests, treatments, and screenings, and assists with
examinations and minor surgery; sets up and assists with
procedures; cleans and sterilizes instruments and equipment as
- Performs waived category lab test.
- Administers medications and immunizations according to
- Runs laboratory controls and keeps lab logs.
- Assists inventory of clinical supplies; checks expiration
dates; maintains clean, well-equipped exam rooms, laboratory and
- Supports and maintains joint commission standard. Demonstrates
hospital and department specific competencies, including age
specific competencies for all ages. Provides patient with
education. Performs equipment checks and logs. Attends nursing
in-service and continuing education programs.
- Documents treatments, results, meds, procedures and
instructions according to hospital policies and unit standards.
- Demonstrates care and knowledge in medication
- Arranges for medication and medication refills.
- Performs business office duties, charge entry, scheduling, if
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: license, licensed practical, licensed
vocational, licensed vocational nurse, lvn, mtp, nurse ii,
practical, practical nurse, vocational
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant-Certified, DMH Exp, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!