Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Provides appropriate recommendations for drug therapy and
contributes to the optimal medication management of patients.
Reviews, interprets, clarifies, verifies, dispenses, and compounds
medications and other pharmaceutical supplies pursuant to a
medication order. Acts as a drug information resource for other
members of the healthcare team.
- Possession of a license to practice as a Pharmacist in the
state of Illinois is required. New Graduates may work under the
direction of Registered Pharmacist for a period of 90 days in which
they must obtain current registration in the State of Illinois.
- Previous experience in health-system pharmacy and/or the
completion of an ASHP Accredited Residency is preferred. Physical
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is
frequently required to stand, bend and reach.
- The employee will may be required to lift, push and pull weight
of at least 5 to 10 pounds.
- Ability to attend to visual details.
- Ability to use initiative, professional judgment and reasonable
care in identifying and solving clinical problems.
- Ability to use good judgment in foreseeing possible adverse
- Analyze information or data.
- Plan sequence of operations or actions.
- Make decisions of moderate to substantial effects, with a
variety of alternatives and moderate to substantial
- Use logic to define problems, collect information, establish
facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information, deal with
abstract variables. Note
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise
qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to
meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other
duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- Demonstrates ability to review and verify medication orders to
assure appropriateness utilizing clinical information in the
electronic medical record. Prioritizes medication orders based on
acuity and order status (i.e. STAT, NOW, routine).
- Provides appropriate patient specific medication
recommendations that ensure safety, quality, and cost
effectiveness. Takes responsibility for his/her own learning to
ensure quality patient care.
- Oversees pharmacy workflow and supervises the daily activities
of pharmacy technicians. Helps with prioritization, promoting
efficient and timely completion of day to day pharmacy activities,
giving direction and feedback when necessary.
- Assists in the education and training of pharmacy students and
- Actively searches for opportunities to increase quality of
patient care, increase efficiency of systems, and find cost-saving
opportunities for the organization.
- Serves as a resource for the pharmacy team, nursing, and
prescribers for questions/issues related to pharmacotherapy;
analyzes literature to support usage and contacts prescribers as
- Compounds and dispenses pharmaceutical preparations which
includes, but is not limited to compounded sterile products (IV
solutions, injectable medications, and irrigation solutions), oral
products (solutions, suspensions), and topical preparations
(ointments, creams) when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned. All duties and standards within this
document will be performed in compliance of regulatory guidelines
and applicable federal/state laws and according to DMH policies and
Associated topics: dietary, health, histology, immunohematology,
kinesiology, microbiology, nephrology, nutritionist, physiology,
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Staff Pharmacist, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!