Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Overview The Patient Placement Respresentative is a role that is
dedicated to managing all admission requests and patient flow
within the hospital. In this role the Patient Placement
Representative assesses and assigns all scheduled and unscheduled
admission requests to the appropriate inpatient bed. The Bed
planner representative is involved in navigating complex admission
and transfer requests by working directly with physicians, charge
nurses, UR nurses and other leaders within the organization. The
Patient Placement Representative is also responsible for
collaborating with UR nurses to determine the level of care
screening. This role is instrumental in overall hospital
operations. Candidates for this role would include persons with
health care preferably hospital experience who have good
organization, communication and customer service skills. This is
primarily a desk job with the ability and occasional need for in
person discussions within patient care units. Qualifications
Education and/or Other Requirements High school diploma, Medical
Terminology preferred, C.N.A. Certification or Certified Medical
Assistant preferred. Basic typing skills Qualifications To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Must be able to simultaneously take direction from multiple
people, manage multiple complex activities and prioritize
- Self-directed and able to take the initiative to proactively
- Work as a team with all levels of DMH employees.
- Ability to resolve difficult interactions with physicians,
nursing staff and others.
- Flexibility to work in an environment of constantly changing
priorities and work volume. Environmental Factors Occasional
exposure to moderate environmental variations, above-normal noise
levels, and/or unpleasant substances. Potential daily exposure to
hazardous potential injurious elements or conditions. The employee
may be exposed to blood, body fluids/tissues. Physical Demands The
physical demands described are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job.
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is required
to walk and stand.
- Extensive keyboard, monitor, and mouse use.
- Occasional business-related travel might be required.
- Potential of carrying of light loads (1 to 5 pounds). Mental
- Analyze information or data.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
able to work under stress and adapt to changing conditions.
- Ability to adjust to performing routine and repetitive tasks
without specific supervision.
- Ability to understand and relate to the concepts behind
specific ideas and remember multiple tasks given to self and others
over long periods of time.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form, using advanced
level of vocabulary.
- Comprehend written basic instructions, safety rules, and office
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements. Note
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise
qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to
meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other
duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
Responsibilities Essential Functions and Job Duties
- Receives patient placement requests from admitting, outside
hospitals, Transfer Center, outpatient clinics, Emergency
Department, community physicians, post-surgery patients (PACU),
Labor & Delivery, and nursing units and obtains all information
pertinent to assessing Decatur Memorial Hospital placement
- Utilizes the Epic Bed Board tool to enter patient information
on bed board and determine if an appropriate bed is available based
on placement requirements. Communicates placement decision and
expected arrival time to receiving nursing unit, DMH Admitting and
the party requesting the bed.
- Enters all necessary pre-admit information on the bed board at
the time of request to ensure accuracy of information.
- Uses the bed board system and Qliq to send appropriate messages
to communicate patient assignments and movements to nursing and
- Keeps detailed data on deferred and delayed patient admissions,
providing weekly updates on patient placement issues.
- Prints and reviews operating room (OR) schedule to obtain
finalized admissions from surgery. Ensures that beds are reserved
on the bed board and that placements of surgical patients are
communicated to the post anesthesia care unit (PACU).
- Monitors the bed board continuously throughout the shift to
ensure timely placement of patients. . Immediately notifies
Administrative Nursing Supervisor of potential complications.
- Responsible for closing and opening beds on bed board and
communicating bed closures to appropriate people and estimated time
bed will reopen.
- Reviews expected admissions for the next day, reconciling with
anticipated discharges to ensure bed availability. Provides report
during bed meetings to advise of potential placement issues.
- Identifies vacated beds through monitoring of bed board and
upgrades bed cleaning priority level as required (e.g., STAT, Clean
Next. Dirty). Ensures that STAT and Clean Next requests receive
timely response from housekeeping staff. Escalates any bed cleaning
delay to Environmental Services supervisor.
- Utilizes census and staffing level data at beginning of shift
to identify. High-risk areas. Determines proactive solution and
work with Discharge Planners and Administrative Nursing Supervisor
to alleviate high risk areas before problem occurs.
- Delivers CMS and other forms and education to patients as
- Prepares and fax necessary documentation/information to
facilitate communication with other departments and outside
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Medical Clerk, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!