Staff Occupational Therapist
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Provides occupational therapy services to all age groups to obtain
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Therapy and instruction- Knowledge of principles, methods, and
procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical
and mental dysfunctions.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual
differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training
design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and
the measurement of training effects as it pertains to the clinical
instruction of students.
- Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and
influences, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to evaluate
and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes
symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions,
and preventive health-care measures.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment,
meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
- Knowledge of Human anatomy, physiology, and pathology.
- Knowledge of laws and government regulations as they apply to
State and National standards.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment,
policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local,
state, or national security operations for the protection of
people, data, property, and institutions.
- Good knowledge of the standard practices, equipment and rules
relating to word processing, written and oral communications.
- Good working knowledge and ability to perform basic computer
skills such as but limited to word processing, data entry, and
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, takes
time to understand the points being made, asks questions as
appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
- Actively looks for ways to help people, co-workers, and other
- Understands the implications of new information for both
current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions
to choose the most appropriate one.
- Able to communicate through clear and concise written, verbal,
and listening skills with physicians, consultants, and
Rehabilitation team members, patients and patients' families.
- Ability to anticipate problems and potential outcomes.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules
or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or
pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g.,
patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical
- Ability to identify and understand the speech/language of
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers
of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small
objects. Education and/or Other Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy or entry level
equivalent. Licensed or license pending in the State of Illinois
without previous disciplinary action in Illinois or other states.
Current CPR card.
This position is performed within an environment of occasional
exposure to environmental variations, above-normal noise-level,
and/or unpleasant substances and limited exposure to hazardous or
potentially injurious elements or conditions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is
frequently required to walk, stand, bend and reach.
- The employee will frequently be required to lift, push and pull
weight of at least 5 to 50 pounds. Mental Demands
- Ability to work under stress and adapt to changing
Essential Functions and Job Duties
- Maintains flexibility, organizes and prioritizes time to
accommodate assigned patient load.
- Meets departmental standards and insurance/reimbursement
guidelines for documentation of care.
- Daily notes
- Communicates with doctors
- Outcome measures
- Evaluates patients; plans and delivers care and treatment to
progress patient to goals agreed upon by patient, family and
- Re-evaluates and plans programs on an ongoing basis.
- Competently applies all Occupational Therapy modalities, if
- Instructs patients and families in home programs.
- Suggests changes in patients' clinical approaches, and secures
orders as appropriate.
- Communicates and collaborates with rehabilitation team.
- Maintains existing equipment and recommends purchase of new
items as consistent with Hospital and Department Strategic
- Maintains current professional knowledge.
- Attends all mandatory educational programs and continuous
education required for licensure.
- Seeks continuing education to improve quality of care.
- Compliant and accurate implementation of billing process.
- Maintains fiscal responsibility of the Department and the
- Actively looks for ways to reduce costs.
- Maintains patient/family confidentiality to comply with HIPPA
- Provides in-services and public education functions.
- Supervises students, Occupational Therapy Assistants, and
- Serves on committees as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director, Managers, and
- Recommends and implements new programs as directed and as they
pertain to Hospital and Department Strategic Plan.
Associated topics: cht, certified occupational therapy assistant,
cota, ffs, newborn care specialist, occupational, occupational
therapist, occupational therapist ot, therapist, therapist ot
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Staff Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!