Registered Respiratory Therapist
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Provides basic respiratory therapy, diagnostics and monitoring to
patients of all ages.
Education and/or Other Requirements
Successful completion of an AMA accredited respiratory therapy
program. Current registration or eligibility for licensure with the
State of Illinois for practice as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
RRT credential awarded by the NBRC. Current CPR card.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Must demonstrate competencies in assigned responsibilities.
Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing. Environmental
Job duties involve the potential for frequent exposure to blood and
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- Must be able to walk, stand, stoop, kneel and assist in lifting
patients; able to assist patients and/or adjust equipment at floor
level; able to reach, change and read IV's 5 feet from the floor
unaided; able to move quickly from place to place on occasion,
including from floor to floor in emergency situations; able to
utilize fine motor control in hands for tasks such as medication
preparation and administration; able to hear to take blood pressure
and to hear breath, heart and bowel sounds. Must possess visual
acuity to meet visual demands in charting and operating equipment.
Is expected to be an example of good health habits. Mental
- Must be able to work under stress and to adapt to changing
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise
qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to
meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other
duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- Performs assessment (chest auscultation, need for therapy, ABG
results) on assigned patients as ordered by a physician;
demonstrates accurate assessment skills in relation to age of
- Establishes priorities and plan of care based on
- Provides care according to respiratory standards of
- Documents tolerance to treatments and patient variances;
revises plan of care to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Completes all annual educational requirements; demonstrates
competency in respiratory areas, including assessment, 02
administration, patient ventilators, treatment, medications,
- Documents care; completes CQI projects.
- Participates in continuing education and development of
department staff by providing inservices and acting as a resource
to staff in a specific specialty area of respiratory care (i.e.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: aso, crt, resp, respiratory, respiratory care,
respiratory therapist, rrt, therapist
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Registered Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!