Registered Nurse, Home Hospice
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: May 5, 2021
While previous hospice experience is helpful, this role is also a
good fit for nurses who have been at long term care facilities as
they have dealt with many of the same issues. Many successful
candidates have known someone who has been in hospice care and
understand the compassion needed.
This nurse will work as the case manager for all aspects of the
hospice patient's care including, assessing symptoms, managing and
controlling pain, ensuring the patient is as comfortable as
possible, and making referrals for home health care, grooming,
chaplains, etc. This nurse must understand end of life symptoms and
learn the different pain medications associated with different
This position allows for flexible self scheduling, with an every 4
th weekend rotation and is provided a smart phone, computer and
printer to aid in flexibility within the scope of the position.
This job is a good fit for someone who likes autonomy within their
work. A top performer would be one who is compassionate, organized,
and flexible with their scheduling, who communicates well with the
patient and the family and is attuned with their team and their
Daily work includes the following:
- Provides nursing care to assigned patients through the use of
nursing process in accordance with standard nursing practice and
established nursing policies and procedures.
- Assumes full responsibility and accountability for coordination
of patient care; services, referrals and resources for assigned
- Supervises care rendered by Home Health Aides.
- Adheres to MHS Mission, Vision and Values and the Illinois
- BSN is preferred Licensure/Certification/Registry:
- License to practice professional nursing in Illinois
- Current CPR certification required Other
- A minimum of two (2) years acute care clinical experience is
- Home health experience preferred
- Must be able to position and/or transfer an average adult
patient and possess gross coordination sufficient to perform
patient care tasks as required
- Environmental working conditions include exposure to blood,
bodily fluids/tissue, contagious diseases, animals, etc.
- Will accept an MHSvc car for business purposes only as deemed
necessary by geography/mileage
- Must possess valid Illinois driver's license and must be deemed
as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety
Policy (five year MVR will be required)
- Must have availability of personal vehicle with proof of
Associated topics: care, care unit, ccu, coronary, intensive care,
neonatal, psychatric, registed, surgical, unit
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Registered Nurse, Home Hospice, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!