Registered Nurse Illinois Heart Specialists
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Performs direct patient care requiring specialized nursing skills;
oversees the performance of other patient care activities.
Education and/or Other Requirements
Must be a graduate from an approved program in professional nursing
with current licensure in the State of Illinois. Previous office
experience is desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Current CPR card.
- Must have knowledge of physician's office practices and
- Strong computer skills for documentation purposes in the
electronic medical record.
- Must exhibit good communication skills; ability to provide
leadership to the nursing staff.
- Must possess medical knowledge and the ability to perform
effectively and efficiently.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate strong organizational and time
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and
strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security
operations for the protection of people, data, property, and
- Ability to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make
sure a machine is working properly.
- Ability to control operations of equipment or systems.
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to
do a job. Environmental Factors
This position is performed within an environment of potential
exposure to blood and body fluids.
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is required
to stand, bend and reach.
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is required
to perform repetitive hand motion and good body posture due to
extended use of computer systems for patient documentation and
- The employee will occasionally be required to lift, push and
pull weight of at least one to five pounds. Mental Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be
required to work under pressure and adapt to changing conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise
qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to
meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other
duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- Collects and documents data regarding physical, psychological,
and educational needs of patients of all ages.
- Differentiates among emergent, urgent, and non-urgent
- Evaluates patient telephone calls; follows up with instructions
- Seeks supervisor and physician advice as needed.
- Establishes priorities in clinic setting and collaborates with
Provider regarding plan of care.
- Delegates care to other members of the healthcare team.
- Offers input the plan of care; educates patient in plan of
- Screens telephone calls from patients and evaluates for
referral. Coordinates and communicates plan of care with the
patient and/or the family.
- Conducts pre-authorization for medication and ordered tests and
completes appropriate forms. Schedules specialized procedures at
the hospital; monitors need for follow-up.
- Arranges outside laboratory tests. Assists physicians by
preparing patients and setting up equipment.
- Shares with nursing staff daily scheduling of patients with
acute and/or urgent problems.
- Performs as a team nurse with providers and other staff.
- Reports ideas, concerns, and problems to
- Scanning and accurate indexing of records from outside sources
in the patient electronic health record for provider
- Reviews patient's medical records from previous physician to
incorporate pertinent information into patients completed
- Provides and documents care within the standards of practice,
policies and procedures.
- Administers and records immunizations, allergy shots and other
parental injections; performs related duties.
- Performs or assists in specimen collection of waived lab tests;
performs related follow up.
- Performs various screening tests; sets up equipment and assists
with various procedures; assists in emergency situations with
appropriate emergency supplies and procedures.
- Manages acute and/or episodic minor illnesses of patients by
following doctor's orders and documents treatment.
- Inserts and maintains continuous IV infusions; monitors
progress (if applicable).
- Monitors the patient's response to care; documents variances
and revises plan of care to achieve desired outcomes.
- Involves patient's family and multidisciplinary team; utilizes
- Makes phone calls to patient's family to follow up and to
communicate test results.
- Sets up referrals based on outcomes and doctor's orders.
- Administers documents and evaluates medications.
- Explains procedures and answers questions from patients and
their families; provides verbal, written and audiovisual materials;
diet consultation; advice on wellness, exercise, preventative care
and safety. Assesses patient's ability to accept and understand
instructions; maintains and orders educational materials.
- Demonstrates department specific competencies, including age
specific competencies for all ages.
- Arranges for medication refills.
- Shares knowledge, nursing skills, experience, and patient
education advice with physicians.
- Supports and maintains joint commission standard.
- Attends nursing in-service and continuing education
- Assumes personal responsibility for quality patient care,
environment of care, and professional development.
- Assists in coordinating and implementing policies in compliance
with all regulatory standards.
- Reports ideas and concerns to supervisor concerning improved
patient care, customer service and efficient clinical
- Maintains clean, well-equipped exam room, and assists in
- Attends meetings, in-services and continuing education classes;
suggests topics and/or conducts nursing in-services.
- Assists with maintenance of patient medical records.
- Documents vitals, history, meds, procedures and instructions
according to DMH policies and unit standards.
- Demonstrates care and knowledge in medication
- Arranges for medication and medication refills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, cardiothoracic, coronary,
domiciliary, hospice, nurse rn, psychiatric, recovery, registered
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Registered Nurse Illinois Heart Specialists, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!