Registered Nurse, Interventional Radiology
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Manages and coordinates nursing care for an assigned group of
patients of all ages.
Education and/or Other Requirements
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Current
registration with the State of Illinois for practice as a
professional nurse. Six months previous experience; ICU experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Will complete additional training or demonstrate competency in
skills identified in the unit-specific competency plan and skills
list. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing. Is
expected to be an example of good health habits. Knowledge of CCU
protocol; code credentials preferred. ACLS, PALS, adult and
pediatric conscious sedation certified. Pediatric med certified.
Job duties involve the potential for frequent exposure to blood and
Must be able to walk, stand, stoop, kneel and assist in lifting
patients; able to assists patients and/or adjust equipment at floor
level; able to reach, change and read IV's 5 feet from the floor
unaided; able to support persons (possibly 200 pounds or more) in
emergency situations; able to move quickly from place to place on
occasion, including from floor to floor in emergency situations;
able to utilize fine motor control in hands for tasks such as
medication preparation and administration; able to hear to take
blood pressure and to hear breath, heart and bowel sounds. Must
possess visual acuity to meet visual demands in charting and
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
able to work under stress and adapt to changing conditions.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise
qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to
meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other
duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- Assesses physical, psychological and educational needs of
patients according to guidelines and age-specific populations.
- Establishes priorities and derives appropriate nursing
diagnosis based on assessment data.
- Identifies expected outcomes individualized to the
- Develops a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain
- Implements the interventions identified in the plan of care
collaborating with healthcare team members, patients, and
significant others as appropriate.
- Evaluates the patient's progress toward an understanding of
prescribed treatment and outcomes.
- Manages the patient care environment by:
- Evaluating and improving the quality and effectiveness of
- Making decisions and acting on behalf of the patient in an
- Considering factors related to safety, effectiveness and cost
in planning and delivering patient care.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional development by:
- Evaluating self according to Nursing Practice Standards and
- Contributing to the professional development of peers.
- Utilizing research findings in practice.
- Acquiring and maintaining current knowledge and competency
- Performs other duties as assigned. Is authorized to access
Associated topics: ccu, infusion, intensive, neonatal, nurse
clinical, nurse rn, psychiatric, recovery, registed, staff
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Registered Nurse, Interventional Radiology, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!