Registered Nurse, Lung Center
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Performs direct patient care requiring specialized nursing skills;
oversees the performance of other patient care activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Current CPR card.
- Must have knowledge of physician's office practices and
- Strong computer skills for documentation purposes in the
electronic medical record.
- Must exhibit good communication skills; ability to provide
leadership to the nursing staff.
- Must possess medical knowledge and the ability to perform
effectively and efficiently.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate strong organizational and time
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and
strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security
operations for the protection of people, data, property, and
- Ability to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make
sure a machine is working properly.
- Ability to control operations of equipment or systems.
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to
do a job.
General Skill Requirements
In addition to the Essential Functions and Qualifications listed
above, to perform the job successfully an individual must also
possess the following General Skill Requirements.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Accepts criticism and feedback; Changes
approach or method to best fit the situation; ability to work with
frustrating situations; work under pressure and on an irregular
schedule such as unscheduled overtime, unanticipated changes in
work pace; Works with numerous distractions.
- Attendance and Punctuality - Schedules time off in advance;
Begins working on time; Keeps absences within guidelines; Ensures
work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings
and appointments on time.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally;
Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; Exhibits good
listening and comprehension; Keeps others adequately informed;
Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations;
Exhibits tact and consideration; Displays positive outlook and
pleasant manner; Offers assistance and support to co-workers; Works
cooperatively in group situations; Works actively to resolve
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge;
Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; Keeps abreast of
current developments; Requires minimal supervision; Displays
understanding of how job relates to others; Uses resources
- Judgment - displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions; ability to work with and maintain
- Problem solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner;
Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative
solutions; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group
problem solving situations.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Displays
commitment to excellence; Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work
to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly;
Achieves established goals.
- Concentration - Maintains attention to detail over extended
period of time; continually aware of variations in changing
- Supervision - ability to perform work independently or with
minimal supervision; ability to assign and/or review work; train
and/or evaluate other employees.
Essential Functions and Job Duties
- Collects and documents data regarding physical, psychological,
and educational needs of patients of all ages.
- Differentiates among emergent, urgent, and non-urgent
- Evaluates patient telephone calls; follows up with instructions
- Seeks supervisor and physician advice as needed.
- Establishes priorities in clinic setting and collaborates with
Provider regarding plan of care.
- Delegates care to other members of the healthcare team.
- Offers input the plan of care; educates patient in plan of
- Screens telephone calls from patients and evaluates for
referral. Coordinates and communicates plan of care with the
patient and/or the family.
- Conducts pre-authorization for medication and ordered tests and
completes appropriate forms. Schedules specialized procedures at
the hospital; monitors need for follow-up.
- Arranges outside laboratory tests. Assists physicians by
preparing patients and setting up equipment.
- Shares with nursing staff daily scheduling of patients with
acute and/or urgent problems.
- Performs as a team nurse with providers and other staff.
- Reports ideas, concerns, and problems to
- Scanning and accurate indexing of records from outside sources
in the patient electronic health record for provider
- Reviews patient's medical records from previous physician to
incorporate pertinent information into patients completed
- Provides and documents care within the standards of practice,
policies and procedures.
- Administers and records immunizations, allergy shots and other
parental injections; performs related duties.
- Performs or assists in specimen collection of waived lab tests;
performs related follow up.
- Performs various screening tests; sets up equipment and assists
with various procedures; assists in emergency situations with
appropriate emergency supplies and procedures.
- Manages acute and/or episodic minor illnesses of patients by
following doctor's orders and documents treatment.
- Inserts and maintains continuous IV infusions; monitors
progress (if applicable).
- Monitors the patient's response to care; documents variances
and revises plan of care to achieve desired outcomes.
- Involves patient's family and multidisciplinary team; utilizes
- Makes phone calls to patient's family to follow up and to
communicate test results.
- Sets up referrals based on outcomes and doctor's orders.
- Administers documents and evaluates medications.
- Explains procedures and answers questions from patients and
their families; provides verbal, written and audiovisual materials;
diet consultation; advice on wellness, exercise, preventative care
and safety. Assesses patient's ability to accept and understand
instructions; maintains and orders educational materials.
- Demonstrates department specific competencies, including age
specific competencies for all ages.
- Arranges for medication refills.
- Shares knowledge, nursing skills, experience, and patient
education advice with physicians.
- Supports and maintains joint commission standard.
- Attends nursing in-service and continuing education programs.
- Assumes personal responsibility for quality patient care,
environment of care, and professional development.
- Assists in coordinating and implementing policies in compliance
with all regulatory standards.
- Reports ideas and concerns to supervisor concerning improved
patient care, customer service and efficient clinical
- Maintains clean, well-equipped exam room, and assists in
- Attends meetings, in-services and continuing education classes;
suggests topics and/or conducts nursing in-services.
- Assists with maintenance of patient medical records.
- Documents vitals, history, meds, procedures and instructions
according to DMH policies and unit standards.
- Demonstrates care and knowledge in medication
- Arranges for medication and medication refills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, infusion, intensive care,
intensive care unit, maternal, neonatal, nurse rn, registed,
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Registered Nurse, Lung Center, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!