Registered Nurse, Part Time, Decatur Memorial Hospital
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Manages, coordinates and performs nursing care with compassion and
care for an assigned group of patients and their families and
incorporate preventative measures.
NURSING GOAL: A goal of nursing is to educate and restore a patient
to an optimal level of wellness as defines by the patient and their
families and incorporate preventative measures.
Essential Functions and Job Duties
- CLINICAL JUDGEMENT - Clinical reasoning, which includes
decision-making, critical thinking, and a global grasp of the
situation, coupled with nursing skills acquired through a process
of integrating formal and informal experiential knowledge and
- Demonstrates the ability to assess the full scope of patient
needs, using the nursing process on a continuous basis.
- Utilizes past nursing experience to anticipate problems while
seeking out multi-disciplinary collaboration with comfort, when
- Recognizes patterns and trends that may predict the direction
- CARING PRACTICES: Nursing activity that create a compassionate,
supportive, and therapeutic environment for patients/families and
staff. Working on another's behalf and representing the concerns of
the patient/family and nursing staff; serving as a moral agent in
identifying and helping to resolve ethical and clinical concerns
within and outside the clinical setting.
- Promotes safety throughout patient's and family's transitions
along the healthcare continuum.
- Actively anticipates and monitors patient and family changes,
- Effectively resolves patient complaints.
- Engages all patients in a personalized, compassionate
- COLLABORATION/SYSTEMS THINKING - Working with others (e.g.,
patients, families, healthcare providers) in a way that
promotes/encourages each person's contribution toward achieving
optimal/realistic patient/family goals. Involves intra-and inter-
disciplinary work with colleagues and community. Body of knowledge
and tools that allow the nurse to manage whatever Environmental and
system resources exist for the patient/family and staff, within or
across healthcare and non-healthcare systems.
- Consults and coordinates with team members to assess, plan,
implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Actively utilizes evidence-based practice and customer service
data to improve caring practices.
- Effectively plans and communicates patient care plans.
- Facilitates active involvement of others in team meetings
regarding patient care and/or practice issues.
- Seeks out opportunities to be taught, coached, and
- Recruits diverse resources when appropriate to optimize patient
- Serves as a resource to department and patient/family.
- RESPONSE TO DIVERSITY - The sensitivity to recognize,
appreciate and incorporate differences into the provision of care.
Differences may include, but are not limited to, cultural
differences, personalities, spiritual beliefs, gender, race,
ethnicity, lifestyle, socioeconomic status, age, and values.
- Integrates cultural differences into patient/family care;
incorporates appropriate alternative therapies.
- Tailors healthcare culture to meet the diverse needs and
strengths of each patient/family.
- FACILITATION OF LEARNING - The ability to facilitate learning
for patients/families, nursing staff, other members of the
healthcare team, and community. Include both formal and informal
facilitation of learning.
- Develops and modifies patient/family education programs
throughout delivery of care, collaborating and incorporating all
healthcare providers' and educational plans.
- Provides individualized care.
- Evaluates patient's understanding by observing behavior changes
throughout plan of care.
- Sets patient-driven goals for education.
- Work toward achieving Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- CLINICAL INQUIRY (INNOVATOR/EVALUATOR) - The ongoing process of
questioning and evaluating practice and providing informed
practice. Creating practice changes through research utilization
and experimental learning.
- Adapts standards of care to serve particular patient
- Seeks out advice to improve patient care.
- Evaluates current practices based on patient responses,
analysis of literature, research, and education.
- Incorporates evidence based practice into care delivery.
- Actively pursues continuing educational opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, hospice, intensive care unit,
nurse, psychatric, registered nurse, surgery, tcu, transitional,
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Registered Nurse, Part Time, Decatur Memorial Hospital, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!