Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Medical Nursing
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Overview Performs a wide variety of patient care activities for
the clinic's patients of all ages, including general nursing care,
administration of prescribed medications and treatments, education
of patients and families, and response to patient telephone calls.
All care is provided under the supervision of the physician and/or
mid-level provider. Qualifications
- Valid state license to practice practical nursing
- Valid CPR certification required.
- Maintains state required CME. Experience:
- Prior computer experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a clinic setting preferred. Other
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Candidates must successfully pass the
following assessments during the interview process in order to be
further considered for this position: Listening Skills, Data Entry,
and Medical Spelling. Responsibilities
- Follows nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention
and evaluation, incorporating physical as well as psycho-social
needs of designated patient populations in person, and over the
telephone. Practices within professional scope and current
standards of care. Applies the Minimum Necessary Standard when
accessing protected health information.
- Documents according to professional scope and current standard
of care ensuring that entries are complete. Reviews quality audits
and makes improvements accordingly.
- Assists in various aspects of patient flow process including,
but not limited to securing/stocking necessary supplies, preparing
exam room and patient for examination, assisting the provider with
the exam or procedure, providing treatments and medications as
ordered by the provider and cleaning/disinfecting exam/treatment
area after use.
- Assists with various aspects of diagnostic testing including
obtaining and/or preparing specimens, labeling/recording, and
communicating results. Performs miscellaneous CLIA-waived testing.
May perform EKG's/rhythm strips, spirometry, pulse oximetry,
nebulizers, as well as other testing outlined by the provider.
- Assists clinic in meeting financial goals related to revenue
and expense. Obtains appropriate insurance referrals and
pre-certifications. Finds most cost effective means when
securing/stocking necessary supplies.
- Responsible for working with team to improve processes and
implement quality plans, and provide a high level of patient
- Demonstrates support for and participates in accomplishing team
goals and objectives.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Medical Nursing, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!