Surgical Tech - Labor and Delivery
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The Certified Surgical Technician provides clinical expertise in
both the delivery room and the OR within Labor and Delivery. Duties
may also include clerical support and activities related to
personal care and hygiene needs of assigned age-specific population
patient group under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Facilitates communication with other departments, visitors,
patients, medical staff and employees. Serves a as public relations
liaison for the unit.
- Meets all criteria for Level 1
- Applies the principles of asepsis in a knowledgeable manner to
maintain a sterile environment. Demonstrates competency in select
technical and psychomotor skills, judgment and appropriate
knowledge base. Provides age specific care to obstetrical patients
in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the
- Assists in organization and coordination of supplies and
equipment to maintain an efficient and cost effective
- Effectively facilitates communication for the unit with all
departments. Answers the phone, informs nursing staff of needed
tests, exams or significant problems with patients on the nursing
unit. Serves as a liaison between nursing units.
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by the RN and
the unit based performance standards.
- Performs accurate documentation duties on the nursing unit and
in patient records as directed by unit based performance standards
- Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
Schedules appointments, consults, diagnostic tests and examinations
for patients on nursing unit. Initiates, compiles and maintains
- Performs or assists patients with the activities of daily
living. Prepares patients for transportation and/or transport.
- Maintains accurate log of admission, discharge and transfer of
patient on computer in a timely manner.
- Ensures patient charges are entered.
- Attends precepting class and participates in orientation and
training of other surgical team members.
- Assists nurses in performing circulating skills and tasks.
- Participates in unit education though educational presentations
(power point, posters, lectures, etc.)
- Provides scrub during operative cases in L&D
- Supports staff and providers during deliveries in L&D
- Ensures quality processes in the L&D OR
- Engages in customer service for the L&D patient
- Collaborates with unit staff to ensure availability of supplies
Keywords: CARLE, Decatur , Surgical Tech - Labor and Delivery, Healthcare , Macon, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!