Physical Therapy Assistant, part-time 48 hours/pay period
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Overview Works with the licensed Physical Therapist in providing
rehabilitation services, to patients of all ages, to attain maximum
patient outcomes. Qualifications Qualifications To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Good knowledge of the standard practices, equipment and rules
relating to word processing, written and oral communications.
- Working knowledge and application of the basic rules of
grammar, punctuation, spelling, paragraphing, etc., required for
clear oral and written communication.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
- Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related
- Actively looks for ways to help people.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Ability to communicate with clear and concise written and
verbal skills to physicians, consultants, and Rehabilitation team
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or
pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas
presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce
answers that make sense.
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking
time to understand the points being made, asking questions as
appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Good knowledge of Human anatomy, physiology, and pathology.
Education and/or Other Requirements Two years' schooling for
approved Physical Therapy Assistant. Licensed or license pending in
the State of Illinois and without previous disciplinary action in
Illinois or another State. Current CPR card. Environmental Factors
This position is performed within an environment of occasional
exposure to environmental variations, above-normal noise-level,
and/or unpleasant substances and limited exposure to hazardous or
potentially injurious elements or conditions. Physical Demands The
physical demands described are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is
frequently required to walk, stand, bend and reach.
- The employee will frequently be required to lift, push and pull
weight of at least 5 to 50 pounds. Mental Demands
- Ability to work under stress and adapt to changing conditions.
- Under the direction of the Physical Therapist, follows
treatment program for patients of all ages.
- Maintains appointment schedules.
- Instructs patients and families in home program.
- Communicates and collaborates with evaluating therapist and
others providing service.
- Implements treatment plan or care based on patient specific
- Advances treatment plan of care in collaboration with
evaluating Physical Therapist.
- Meets departmental standards and insurance guidelines for
documentation of care.
- Daily notes
- Communicates with doctors
- Outcome measures.
- Endeavors to attain patient goals; progresses patient to
appropriate level of independence.
- Maintains current professional knowledge.
- Attends all mandatory educational programs.
- Seeks additional education that will enhance patient rehab
- Shares knowledge with others in the department.
- Seeks continuing education requirements to meet State and
National licensing guidelines.
- Maintains fiscal responsibility of the Department and the
- Compliant and accurate implementation of billing process.
- Actively looks for ways to reduce costs.
- Maintains patient/family confidentiality to comply with HIPPA
- May assist in the supervision of Physical Therapy Assistant
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director, Manager, Team
Leader, and Evaluating Physical Therapist.
- Serves on committees as requested.
- My provide in-services and community aid.
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Physical Therapy Assistant, part-time 48 hours/pay period, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!