Company: Petersen Health Care
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionMedical RecordsResponsibilities
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that
confidentiality is maintained.
- Process resident admission and discharge documents.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with
- Maintains resident's medical files and retrieves files for
scheduled appointments; files all patient data upon receipt of
information; initiates records for new residents; prepares file
labels; audits filing sequence.
- Release information to persons and agencies according to
- Plan, develop, maintain and operate a variety of health record
indexes and storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify,
store and analyze information.
- Responds to requests for medical records; processes letters and
reports; answers and directs telephone calls.
- Distributes lab reports to nurses and medical staff, and
materials to other departments; requests information from various
departments; responds to correspondence requests.Required Skills
- Be of legal working age
- Be able to read and follow written directions
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel
and the general public.
- Work overtime is necessary
- Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and
federal laws as they pertain to long term care
Keywords: Petersen Health Care, Decatur , Medical Records, Healthcare , Bement, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!