Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Provides therapy services to all age groups to obtain maximal
Education and/or Other Requirements
- Master's degree in Speech and Language Pathology.
- Licensed or license pending in the State of Illinois without
previous disciplinary action in Illinois or any other state, and
Certified Clinical Competence Achieved. New graduates with clinical
- Current CPR card.
In addition to the Essential Functions and Qualifications listed
above, to perform the job successfully an individual must also
possess the following General Skill Requirements.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Accepts criticism and feedback; Changes
approach or method to best fit the situation; ability to work with
frustrating situations; work under pressure and on an irregular
schedule such as unscheduled overtime, unanticipated changes in
work pace; Works with numerous distractions.
- Attendance and Punctuality - Schedules time off in advance;
Begins working on time; Keeps absences within guidelines; Ensures
work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings
and appointments on time.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally;
Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; Exhibits good
listening and comprehension; Keeps others adequately informed;
Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations;
Exhibits tact and consideration; Displays positive outlook and
pleasant manner; Offers assistance and support to co-workers; Works
cooperatively in group situations; Works actively to resolve
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge;
Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; Keeps abreast of
current developments; Requires minimal supervision; Displays
understanding of how job relates to others; Uses resources
- Judgment - displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions; ability to work with and maintain
- Problem solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner;
Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative
solutions; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group
problem solving situations.Responsibilities
- Maintains appointment schedule; organizes and priorities time
to accommodate assigned patient load.
- Meets departmental standards for documentation of care.
- Evaluation report
- Daily notes
- Discharge summary
- Communicates with Physician
- Outcome measures
- Evaluates and treats a wide variety of speech and language
disorders, swallowing disorders, hearing disorders, and oral motor
- Provides family education as appropriate.
- Maintains current professional knowledge.
- Attends all mandatory educational programs.
- Seeks additional education to update skills, knowledge,
maintains professional certification and licensure requirements,
and maintains membership in ASHA.
- Compliant and accurate with all aspects of documentation of
- Maintains the fiscal responsibility of the Department and the
- Actively looks for ways to reduce costs.
- Maintains patient/family confidentiality to comply with HIPPA
- Provides in-services and community education.
- Supervises students as required and needed.
- Serves on committees as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Managers,
and Team Leader.
- Recommends and implements new programs as directed and as they
pertain to the Hospital and Department Strategic Plan.
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!