Manager, Pulmonary Services
Company: Memorial Health
Posted on: June 22, 2022
The manager operates within DMH's corporate and hospital mission,
philosophy, goals and objectives. The manager assumes 24-hour
accountability for the planning and management of pulmonary patient
services. The manager has authority and accountability for delivery
of services compliant with regulatory authority that address
patient needs. The manager creates and maintains a work environment
conductive to effective communication, collaboration, team
building, professionalism and quality care delivery.
- Bachelor's degree or current enrollment in a Baccalaureate
program required, Master's degree preferred.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist or Registered Nurse, licensed
by the State of Illinois, required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant respiratory care experience is
- Two years demonstrated leadership/management skills
- Demonstrated involvement in professional groups that promote
the development of the Registered Respiratory Therapist role.
- Demonstrates responsibility for own personal and professional
growth as reflected in ongoing education and projects.
- Empowers self and staff to enhance care and quality patient
outcomes as reflected in patient satisfaction and Quality
- Exhibits ability to influence organizational policy development
related to respiratory services as evidenced by recommendations to
- Shares clinical responsibilities with councils and staff as
- Creates a vision of pulmonary service that integrates a global
and innovative perspective.
- Serves as a role model and encourages future leaders.
- Encourages participation in department/hospital activities at
all staff levels.
- Fosters an environment that focuses on values, autonomy and
accountability, where staff and management see each other as
partners in the decision making process.
- Participates on hospital committees, councils and/or task
- Maintains a sound knowledge base of current trends and
developments in pulmonary services in order to lead
department-based changes to improve services.
- Participates in professional organizations and community
health-related services and agencies to promote self-knowledge and
- Demonstrates intra-departmental and inter-department
collaboration for improvement of services, efficiency and
- Develops working relationships with the medical staff that
encourage problem solving on all levels.
- Demonstrates a communication style that is supportive,
receptive and non-threatening, thus providing an environment that
allows for open immediate expression of ideas and problem
- Speaks openly and freely across organizational lines to obtain
and disseminate necessary information for effective department
- Assumes primary accountability for recruitment, interviewing,
selection and retention of department staff.
- Accountable for scheduling personnel to assure quality services
within budget requirements.
- Encourages staff to identify personal and professional growth
needs and facilitates appropriate opportunities for that
- Promotes and collaborates with staff to provide a climate that
demonstrates appreciation and recognition of achievements.
- Supports clinical leaders as they develop programs and
workshops to measure, increase and validate staff knowledge level
- Develops the annual operating and capital budgets for areas of
- Identifies capital equipment items needed, plans for their
purchase, and develops department plans for implementation.
- Reviews and evaluates monthly expenditures and operating
statements and takes corrective action as needed to avoid budget
- Develops mechanisms to assist staff in development and
fulfillment of department and personal goals and objectives.
- Reviews goals and plans of action with staff quarterly.
- Assures data is gathered, monitored and reported to demonstrate
trends and/or significant changes and facilitates its use in
improving quality and/or efficiency.
- Creates an environment that promotes analytical thinking and
use of evidence based guidelines in the resolution of identified
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform
tasks other than those specifically presented in this
Keywords: Memorial Health, Decatur , Manager, Pulmonary Services, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!