RN - Convenient Care
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Ambulatory Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing
by incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to
individuals, families, and communities within the RN scope of
practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes..
- Administers medication (IM, PO, Rectal, IV, SQ and
- Perform the following procedures: Ear washes, Nebulizer
Treatments, Peak Flows, Splint Applications, Crutch Training, and
Wound Care, Point of Care Testing, IV starts and therapy, Vision
Screenings, EKG, Catheterizations and Suture/Staple removal.
- Assist providers with procedures such as vaginal exams, suture
and staple placement, and incision and drainage.
- Member of the Code Team when needed.
- Nurse Lead when assigned during shift.
- Serve as preceptor for new employees.
- Performs patient education
- Perform watiing room and exam room rounding.
- Collects and processes specimens
- Provide patient with written instructions regarding procedures,
medications, or follow up instructions at the direction of the
- Provide assistance with prescription medication refills per
department protocols. Call medications into pharmacies, notify
patients of refills, and documents actions within the EMR per
- Maintain department specific competencies related to point of
care testing, equipment handling, and specialty training.
- Cleaning of instruments.
- Rooming patients: Collecting pertinent information regarding
the patient's chief complaint, vital signs and medication
reconciliation upon arrival for a patient visit
- Telephone triage, completes necessary telephone communications
with patients, families, pharmacies, and/or other health care
- Communicate tests results to patients via phone and use of My
Carle by working the nurse inbasket.
Keywords: CARLE, Decatur , RN - Convenient Care, Healthcare , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!