RN - Outpatient Care Coordinator Pulmonary RN Navigator
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Nurse Navigator acts as an advocate to assist the high risk
patient population in navigating throughout internal and external
systems in order to facilitate the diagnosis and treatment process.
Applies the nursing process through assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation of the patient in order to provide
the optimal level of patient care.
- Assists patients in understanding diagnosis, treatment options
and resources available internal and external to the
- Serves as liaison in planning care between patients, caregivers
and multi-disciplinary health care providers.
- Provide education and informational resources to patient to
optimize continuous and comprehensive care.
- Collects data and prepares various reports pertinent to
- Rounds on high risk patients in the hospital to discuss follow
up with the nurse navigator program
- Participates in teaching a class on living with specifc disease
processes on the inpatient setting
- Attends both specialty clinic meetings and mandatory meetings
for the care coordination department.
- Conducts extensive follow up post discharge on patients in the
program including medication reconciliation
- Utilizes EPIC to run daily reports for their population and
document using standardized templates
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives as well as
- May perform patient visits to primary residence for additional
education, medication reconciliation, and other nursing
- Works with high risk population admitted to the hospital,
navigating the discharge plan of care and follow up.Continues to
reach out to the High Risk Population for support and triage of
Keywords: CARLE, Decatur , RN - Outpatient Care Coordinator Pulmonary RN Navigator, Healthcare , Lovington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!