Environmental Health Safety Specialist
Company: Justrite Safety Group
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Justrite Safety Group, the leading source of storage, handling
and security products including fire prevention safety equipment
for hazardous materials, environmental protection spill containment
devices, and specialized storage products is seeking a
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to manage the
environmental health and safety program for Mattoon, IL
location.The primary focus is to ensure associate safety while
remaining in compliance with all applicable environmental, health
and safety regulations.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer the safety policy to minimize the number and
severity of incidents, accidents, and injuries.
- Establish target areas and long-range incident/accident
prevention and cost control objectives including working with the
HR Manager to reduce worker's compensations costs.
- Lead the Safety Committee and other employee involvement
initiatives to achieve organizational safety goals.
- Maintain a system for reporting, monitoring, and correcting
safety problems. Review incident reports using these systems to
help determine what corrective actions need taken to prevent
- Owns and administers the Workers' Compensation program.
- Serve as the interface for dealing with and solving issues with
monitoring agencies such as OSHA, NIOSH, EPA, state regulatory
groups etc. Participates in formal inspections of plant safety and
issues a report to the monitoring agency to formally document
corrective actions taken, involving both Operations and HR.
- Develop a baseline of safe work performance expectations and
work practices by conducting job safety and hazard analysis,
encouraging prompt accident/incident reporting, and providing
guidance to supervisors for corrective action.
- Investigate injuries to identify root cause and complete
companywide Safety Alerts.
- Ensure that all areas are inspected for any conditions that
pose potential problems and make recommendations for major projects
and procedures that implement and maintain safety measures
throughout the entire organization.
- Maintain the Safety Library by surveying and keeping current on
all relevant topics to ensure ongoing preparedness on topics
related to safety improvement and hazard prevention.
- Monitor and control industrial hygiene related to the long-term
effects of factors such as chemical exposure, noise, lighting,
heat, humidity, etc.
- Ensure the appropriate Emergency Equipment is made available:
CPR kits, AED's, eyewash, etc.
- Communicate safety activities and results to the workforce.
Conduct safety orientation for new employees to ensure compliance
to company safety practices.
- Responsible for any other project that may be assigned as
- Bachelor's degree in safety engineering, industrial technology,
or related field
- Three or more years of experience in a manufacturing
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification
Keywords: Justrite Safety Group, Decatur , Environmental Health Safety Specialist, Healthcare , Mattoon, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!