RN-Emergency Department Nights
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: July 30, 2022
*Sign-on Bonus Eligible*This is a full-time, 36 hours/week,
night shift position in our Emergency Department at St. Mary's
Hospital in Centralia, Illinois. Hours are 7 pm to 7 am with
rotating weekends and holidays.Provides direct nursing care in
settings where patients require complex assessments and
intervention, in accordance with established policies, procedures
and protocols of the healthcare organization.PRIMARY
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the health care
consumer's health and/or situation.
- Triages each health care consumer utilizing age,
developmentally appropriate, and culturally sensitive practices to
prioritize and optimize health care consumer flow, expediting those
health care consumers who require immediate care.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
health care consumer or the situation.
- Implements, coordinates, and educates, to promote health and a
safe practice environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and the profession.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflect current nursing
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to Emergency Nursing practice,
ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience required PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, Decatur , RN-Emergency Department Nights, Healthcare , Centralia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!