RN Manager Emergency Department
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
This is a full-time position working at a rural community
hospital in Centralia located in Southern Illinois - one hour east
of St. Louis. Enjoy the peaceful life of a small town while having
access to the benefits of the larger organization of SSM Health.
Our Emergency Room is a newly remodeled 20-bed unit with
state-of-the art equipment. If you would like be a part of our
exceptional team - apply today!SSM Health is a nationally
recognized Catholic, not-for-profit integrated health system
serving Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.Manages
activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing
unit(s). PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation
requirements for self and within unit.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and
evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of
patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and
implements policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and
effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors
expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in NursingEXPERIENCE
- Two years' registered nurse experience, with demonstrated
progressive leadership responsibilityPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Associated topics: asn,
cardiothoracic, care, ccu, infusion, maternal, nurse rn, registered
nurse, staff nurse, tcu
Keywords: SSM Health, Decatur , RN Manager Emergency Department, Healthcare , Centralia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!