Pharmacist Clinical Specialist
Company: Dean Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
This is a full-time position managing staff at both our
Centralia and Mt. Vernon hospitals. ill supervise 4 pharmacists and
4 pharmacy Techs. Competitive pay and excellent benefits.
Manages the clinical pharmacy, including developing, monitoring,
evaluating and coordinating clinical pharmacy services that promote
desirable patient outcomes. Develops and implements policies,
procedures, process guidelines, and protocols to ensure the
provision of safe, effective and economical pharmacotherapy for all
patients in the hospital, ensures compliance with clinical practice
* Collaborates with medical staff, nursing, administration and
pharmacy director to maintain productive and effective
relationships to ensure the safe and effective delivery of pharmacy
services across the continuum of care. Ensures conflict resolution,
group dynamics and facilitate significant projects. Participates,
coordinates and/or leads committees and/or functions as appropriate
and/or required by the organization.
* Develops and implements quality improvement initiatives, fiscal
controls, facilitates human and capital resources, formulary
management, and risk management functions for the clinical pharmacy
* Remains up to date on advances and changes in pharmacy related
subjects through continuing education to possess most up-to-date
knowledge of meet clients' needs. Provides input and
recommendations to revise clinical guidelines and or procurement of
educational materials to assure best practices. Maintains
competency and skills and is able to perform duties of the staff
pharmacist when needed.
* Recruits, interviews, promotes, disciplines, and terminates
pharmacy staff. Sets performance standards and goals for direct
reports and the department. Evaluates and counsels staff on their
performance. Monitors workload statistics to ensure appropriate
* Works with pharmacy buyer, medical staff, and director to
evaluate and select supplies that optimize product selection and
* Develops and presents continuing education programs for
pharmacists, physicians, nurses, students and others to assure
providers have current knowledge of therapies and risks. Procures
or creates educational materials for providers and for patient
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Pharmacy degree (Pharm.D; Bachelor of Pharmacy) from accredited
school of pharmacy
* Five years' experience, with two years' in leadership
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Rare climbing.
Keywords: Dean Health, Decatur , Pharmacist Clinical Specialist, Healthcare , Centralia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!