RN - Plastic Surgery Clinic
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery RN serves a diverse patient
population and provides care for patients undergoing reconstructive
and cosmetic surgery of the body, breasts, face and skin. This RN
performs assessment, documentation and follow up for individualized
patient care planning for the following: assigned procedures,
telephone triage, physical assessments, including patients health
history, medication reconciliation, and compliance with prescribed
plan of care. Administers cosmetic injections including
neurotoxins, fillers, other injectables and performs laser and
skincare treatments. In addition, the RN assesses patients learning
needs and performs education for pre/post operative care, including
post procedure follows up to ensure healing, assists with wound
care/surgical site care.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Manager/Nursing Staff in the development of
departmental standing orders.
- Measures and records per provider guidelines: vital signs,
height, weight, wound drainage and charts in EMR: reason for visit,
medication reconciliation, pain score, health history, family
history, etc. when indicated.
- preferredorms photography, suture/staple removal, drain
removal, dressing changes, wound packing, application, medical
administration, assisting of procedures, preceptor duties and
supports the development of other staff, updates and creation of
department standing orders. Instruction in the use of medical
supplies and post-procedure instruction to patients/family.
- Assesses/accurately evaluates patient problems in person or via
the telephone with resolution of the problem through advice and/or
- Provides pre-operative education and counseling to
- Performs non-surgical cosmetic procedures including Botox,
dermal fillers, laser and skin treatments
- Development and maintenance of cosmetic social media
Keywords: CARLE, Decatur , RN - Plastic Surgery Clinic, Healthcare , Macon, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!