Registered Nurse (RN) - Day Surgery - $24-38 per hour
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: November 25, 2022
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Day Surgery for a
nursing job in Centralia, Illinois.Job Description &
- Specialty: Day Surgery
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
**SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE**Looking for a RN opportunity where
patients come first, and you are valued as a team member?-- At SSM
Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with
compassionate people like you.-- As a RN, you will be a vital
member of the care team for our patients.SSM St. Mary's Hospital in
Centralia, Illinois is looking to add a RN to our Surgery
Department!This position is a full-time, days position - core hours
are Monday through Friday, 6:50am-3:15pm.-- Hours will fluctuate
depending on surgeries (i.e. sometimes shift start at 6:30am &
sometimes working late).-- Additionally, this role can anticipate
some on-call shifts (including weekends & holidays).**Sign on
bonuses are for external qualified candidates.-- Internal
candidates, please check with your recruiter to see what options
are available for you.Delivers professional nursing care in the
operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling
of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording
and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing
care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks
including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patient's age-specific
needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.--
Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to
the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients
and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.About SSM HealthSSM Health has grown
to be one of the largest integrated health systems in the country,
because leadership, administration and providers work closely
together to find solutions to the most pressing needs in medical
care today. Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined
to innovate, optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery
and patient interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in
regular discussions designed to standardize practices that yield
better outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability
and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as
well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of
practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as
their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and
outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast
opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.Benefits
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
Keywords: SSM Health, Decatur , Registered Nurse (RN) - Day Surgery - $24-38 per hour, Healthcare , Centralia, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!