Case Management Social Worker - Weekend
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Provides social work services to patients and families within
assigned areas in order to meet identified psychosocial needs, as
well as to enhance problem-solving and coping capacities and to
facilitate timely discharge by arranging post-discharge services.
The social worker assists with new Senior Nursing Facility (SNF)
placement, addresses acute social determinants and works
collaboratively with all other members of the healthcare team,
ensuring clear communication and care planning to all patients.
- Investigates cases admitted with 'no insurance' or 'self-pay'
to identify whether insurance coverage does exist, and if the need
for financial assistance is warranted.
- Evaluates patients for abuse/neglect and makes appropriate
- Involves patient and family in discharge planning
- Keeps the director/manager informed of problematic cases,
especially those involving legal or risk management issues.
- Provides assistance and advocacy to patients in obtaining
financial resources and government entitlements.
- Provides social work intervention to patient/families.
- Provides support and planning in cases of death, adoption, and
- Responds to referrals from healthcare team members to identify
available facilities and services for case specific needs during
- Helps identify Health Care Surrogate in accordance with the
Health Care Surrogacy Act when appropriate.
- Assess patients who are uninsured/under-insured for IL Medicaid
eligibility and/or Carle Financial Assistance Program eligibility.
If so, provide direction or assistance with completing the
- Complete PASRR assessments to assist in facilitation of
discharging to extended care facilities.
- Complete mandated reports of suspected abuse and/or neglect of
minors, disabled adults, and seniors. Cooperate and collaborate
with the investigating bodies for safe plans.
- Find, and if possible, arrange transportation for patients to
get to and from their medical appointments and/or home from the
- Educate about and connect patients with community resources to
help meet their needs, e.g. non skilled help at home, meals/food,
housing resources, charity assistance programs, support groups,
- Provide empathic listening and emotional support to patients
either in person or over the phone.
Keywords: CARLE, Decatur , Case Management Social Worker - Weekend, Healthcare , Bement, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!