Social Worker (LCSW) - Healthy Beginnings
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Social Worker Home Visitor ' Healthy Beginnings provides
professional services to clients and their families eligible for
the Healthy Beginnings Services in order to meet identified
psychosocial, emotional, financial and environmental needs. The
social worker provides psychosocial assessments, supportive
counseling, emergent crisis intervention appropriate to setting,
financial resource information, environment enhancements, advance
directive planning and referrals to community agencies for clients
and their caregivers/families in the client's home, mobile health
clinic (MHC), or other settings. Using an interdisciplinary team
approach, the social worker ensures clear communication and helps
to facilitate care transitions. The social worker identifies and
implements interventions at the individual and systemic levels and
provides expertise to high risk clients across the continuum. The
social worker works collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary
team to support the RN performing at the highest level of their
license in addition to maximizing the social worker's specialized
training to address complex cases. Social Services are provided as
part of a collaboration with interdisciplinary teams in adherence
to the NFP model, and to policies, procedures, guidelines, and
standards of NFP and of the Carle Health System.
- Involves client and family in case planning decisions.
- Provides social work intervention to clients and their families
eligible for the Healthy Beginnings and/or Mobile Health Clinic
- Helps to facilitate care transitions, referrals to scoial
services, and other specialits when needed.
- Keeps the director/manager informed of problematic cases,
especially those involving legal or risk management issues.
- Provides assistance and advocacy to clients in obtaining
financial resources and government entitlements.
- Develops and maintains tracking system of social services
- Provides information and counseling for advance directives and
health care power of attorney.
- Provides social work intervention to patient/families eligible
for the NFP Program.
- Responds to referrals from healthcare team members to identify
available services for case specific needs.
- Collaborates with nurse home visitors / supervisors / mobile
health clinic staff to meet the needs of high risk
- Details (direct or incidental) possible to enhance service/care
is communicated across service lines and among disciplines.
- Documents all client interactions, significant observations,
interventions, and actions taken in the client's medical record in
an appropriate and timely manner.
- Formulates, develops, and implements a plan utilizing
appropriate social work interventions. Provides education and
counseling to clients and families around issues related to
adaptation to the client's illness and/or life situation. May
utilize crisis intervention, brief and long-term individual, group,
and family therapies.
- Facilitates education/training modules to assist RN staff
managing basic social work needs.
- As requested/required, participates in community coalition in
support of NFP as well as promotes public awareness ofHealthy
Beginnings Services and the Mobile Health Clinic.
- Develops and maintains community relationships to support
- Assesses physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and
environmental needs of clientsand their families as they relate to
the NFP domains.
- Assists clients and their families in establishing goals and
outcomes through therapeutic relationships by providing education,
support, and referral resources.
- Consults and collaborates with other professionals involved in
providing services to women and families.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: CARLE, Decatur , Social Worker (LCSW) - Healthy Beginnings, Healthcare , Lovington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!