Inpatient RN - Medical/Surgical
Posted on: March 13, 2023
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who
assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated
time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization
of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and
human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as
specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and
theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains
up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to
assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and
develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards
and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of
care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies
plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by
reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary
to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the
professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to
expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes
initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Receives patient Bedside Shift Report from an RN at the
beginning of each shift, ensuring the inclusion of the patient
input, visual validation of a safe patient room environment at the
time of shift change and updating of the patient communication
board found in each patient room
- Delegates patient care tasks/responsibilities to assigned HCT's
and validates completion of delegated tasks throughout the
- Completes and documents basic RN patient care activities such
assessments, interpretation of vital signs, ensure physician order
completion, admission/discharge of patients, hourly rounding
completion on each assigned patient, care plan documentation and
- Meets Carle Med/Surg RN documentation standards for each
- RN will provide patient medications utilizing the patient 5
***** Right Patient, Right Medication, Right Route, Right Dose and
- Maintains patient safety as the highest priority ***** ensuring
safety measure compliance such as fall precautions, pressure ulcer
prevention, isolation precautions and patient ambulation
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times on unit that
promotes a healthy work environment and a healing patient
- Keeps a diligent focus on prompt answering of patient call
lights to ensure effective triage and completion of patient
- Uses critical thinking to evaluate the overall patient
condition and uses nursing judgement to identify and act on changes
in patient status
- Effectively communicates within the healthcare team to promote
interdisciplinary collaboration, effective patient care
coordination and patient safety
Keywords: Carle, Decatur , Inpatient RN - Medical/Surgical, Healthcare , Maroa, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...