Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - Speech Therapy BroMenn
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Provides direct speech/language pathology services to patients
of all ages who are referred to the department. Selects appropriate
evaluation procedures and develops individualized treatment
programs to restore or maximize each patient's functional
- Plans appropriate treatment programs for infants, children,
adolescents and adults of all ages (depending on area of
assignment) based on physician referral, evaluation results,
patient/family goals and interests, sound clinical judgment and
other pertinent available information. Responsible for maintaining
a productive schedule with an average of 6.0 out of 8.0 hours per
day scheduled for direct clinical care. Informs manager of openings
and/or cancellations in their daily schedule.
- Administers daily treatment ensuring that the treatment plan is
age appropriate and adjusted as necessary in order to the changing
needs of the patient.
- Successfully completes all competency assessments pertaining to
provision of patient care.
- Provides special services such as video swallow studies.
- Communicates with physicians, team members, other
professionals, family members and caregivers for the purpose of
sharing information that will assist in achieving optimum care for
the patient. Establishes effective rapport with patients of all
ages depending on assignment.
- Selects appropriate assistive devices for patients and provides
appropriate instruction in the maintenance and use of such
- Provides education to the patient and family or significant
others based on patient needs. Identifies and addresses learning
readiness, preference and learning barriers.
- Determines when the patient will be ready for discharge.
Recognizes the need for termination of treatment and effectively
plans discharge which may include establishing home treatment plans
and/or arranging for continued services.
- Administers and interprets initial assessments which determine
the patient's status in the following areas of function: verbal
expression, non-verbal communication, auditory comprehension,
written expression, reading comprehension, cognition, swallowing
skills and the need for swallowing precautions, articulation,
fluency, voice and the need for augmentative systems.
- Selects appropriate assessment procedures to assess the
abilities and limitations of patients of all ages, depending on
area of assignment.
- Completes all documentation according to departmental
- Performas other duties such as charge entry for all services
rendered on the day delivered, maintaining a clean work environment
and serving on departmental committees and in program development
efforts as appropriate.
- May supervise speech pathology students and interns at the
request of manager after obtaining Certificate of Clinical
Keywords: CARLE, Decatur , Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - Speech Therapy BroMenn, Healthcare , Kenney, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...