Inpatient RN - Card-Pulm M/S - Weekend
Posted on: May 25, 2023
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who
assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated
time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization
of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and
human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as
specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and
theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains
up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to
assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and
develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards
and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of
care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies
plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by
reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary
to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the
professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to
expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes
initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Manage care of acute and chronically ill cardiac and pulmonary
- Collaboratively identify patient goals of care, design and
maintain care plans with patient and family
- Implement interventions as needed including medication
administration and evaluation of effects
- Prepare patients for procedures, pain management, IV
venipuncture, blood administration, monitor labs
- Discharge patients and provide instruction for safe transition
- Document all care using EMR
- Ensure team huddles are occurring
- Evaluation of patients
- Delegate with appropriate follow- up
- Answer call lights
- Ensure basic care such as turning, toileting, etc is done per
standards of care
- Conflict management
- Professional communication with all team members
Keywords: CARLE, Decatur , Inpatient RN - Card-Pulm M/S - Weekend, Healthcare , Kenney, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...