Company: Memorial Health System
Posted on: September 6, 2020
Prepares and serves food in the cafeteria and performs other
duties.Education and/or Other RequirementsHigh school diploma or
equivalent preferred. Food service experience is
preferred.Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have excellent public relation skills and a customer
service focus. Must be able to perform and keep track of multiple
tasks at the same time.Environmental FactorsModerate exposure to
uncomfortable temperature levels, above average noise levels,
and/or potentially injurious elements or conditions.Physical
DemandsThe physical demands described are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to stand for the entire shift. Moderate physical
exertion is required, including frequent walking, standing, bending
and reaching and frequent lifting of average loads (6 to 25
pounds). Mental Demands
- Must be able to work under stress and to adapt to changing
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality
requirements.NoteReasonable accommodations may be made to assist an
otherwise qualified individual in the performance of the job. In
order to meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned
other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- Identifies with, shares in, and displays a commitment to the
mission, philosophy, and objectives of the organization.
Demonstrates knowledge of the mission, gives consideration to the
principles of the mission (core values: Compassion, Ability,
Respect, Excellence, and Service).
- Participates in and supports performance improvement and risk
- Serves customers graciously and receives them as #1 priority as
soon as they reach the serving line.
- Handles negative comments in a professional manner
- Calls known customers by name
- Provides suggestive sales
- Cleans equipment, dispensers, bars, tables, counters and other
assigned areas according to Public Health Department and infection
- Picks up any trays left in the dining room as soon as the
- Uses equipment correctly; prepares some foods.
- Uses grill and toaster, etc., properly
- Maintains proper temperatures for both hot and cold foods
- Consistently cooks foods as they are ordered in a short period
- Communicates with the supervisor of any unusual changes in the
- Follows cost containment guidelines.
- Rotates all foods
- Ensures that serving sizes are correct
- Cuts desserts in proper size
- Ensures adequate supplies are on hand.
- Ensures that containers are stocked with dishes, trays, cups,
glasses, napkins, juices, etc.
- Ensures that storage areas are stocked with breads, cereals,
eggs, condiments, etc.
- Informs cook of food items in low supply
- Gathers and delivers coffee supplies to the lounges in the
- Plan, orders and attractively prepares the dessert menu
allowing for minimum leftovers
- Sets up the salad and dessert refrigerators attractively
- Consistently sees that supplies are not depleted even if it is
the responsibility of others
- Uses any slow periods to help other employees with their
- Follows all sanitation guidelines.
- Works well with deadlines.
- Operates cash register quickly and accurately.
- Consistently rings up foods in a timely manner while
maintaining the correct balance
- Charges are always correct
- Consistently gives appropriate discount
- Adheres to all personal sanitation guidelines.
- Washes hands and changes gloves frequently
- Attends and contributes at all safety training sessions
- Uses good body mechanics
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Health System, Decatur , Cafe Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Decatur, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!